GF 1800 front hydraulic option

steuny

Equipment
F2690
Jul 30, 2013
Langton, ontario ,Canada
I bought a new GF 1800 in 2002 and added an option to put on a hydraulic operated blade. Back then it mounted beside the 2 controls on the right and you needed to cut a hole in the sheet metal. Metal tubing was provided with the kit and it made it a nice install. It was called a GF5222 kit. I moved and no longer needed a big mower. A few years ago I moved again and bought a 2008 model. I wanted to add this same kit. From research and the Kubota parts site I found the same number kit but now it’s been changed. It has this big box you mount on the right side and the joy stick sticking out . It’s has hydraulic hoses running through the slots already there. Very ugly looking and the clean lines of the deck gone. Tried looking for the kit available in 2002 but so far no luck. Can anybody add any info to this topic as to where I could find one. I am adding a pic of the current setup you get buying one of these kits

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

novice

Equipment
TG1860
Feb 24, 2019
Woodstock Ont Canada
Sorry steuny to reply to an old post but i have 2 GF1800's and would like to add aux hydr to one of them. did you ever figure out the above? Thanks.

steuny

Equipment
F2690
Jul 30, 2013
Langton, ontario ,Canada
If you want hydraulics added there is only one option which gives you the setup pictured. I didn’t like it versus the old style. Kit is around $1600 Cdn. Was easy to install . Not sure why they changed to this setup versus the older style.