Lift cap question

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Loader capacity on any loader configured like a tractor loader is more complex than a fork lift due to the difference in geometry. It’s also more practical to run close to full capacity when running on a concrete factory floor v a muddy barnyard.

I don’t know about all manufacturers, or even all Kubota products, but when I bought my L I saw they published enough info on LA765 loader to get a pretty good idea what it would do in real world situations. Yes, I downloaded the below and reviewed it before buying, not after.
IMG_1599.jpeg

That gives you at the pin, about middle of the bucket, max height, carry height, and about all I think you could expect in the way of general specifications to allow a potential buyer to figure out if that specific loader will do a specific job. Of course the potential buyer still has to be able to perform some basic math calculations and apply a smattering of logic.

That and if you’re running right up on max capacity for a specific job that the loader must perform, that’s probably a bad plan. For any tasks the loader absolutely has to do, get something at least a bit bigger to make sure it won’t do it only on flat, dry ground, but will also do it in the less than ideal circumstances you’ll likely have at least occasionally.

And if you’re dealing with a tractor loader, remember you have to ballast it yourself. Forklifts, wheel loaders, track loaders: they come ballasted from the factory because the one thing they do is the only thing they do. Tractors do a variety of stuff so you have to decide if you’re using the 3 point to hold several hundred pounds of loader ballast today or if you’re using it to skid logs with a light weight drawbar.

I’m aware there are some tractor buyers who look at loader capacity at the pins thinking it will raise that amount 24” forward of the pins to full height and the weight of the implement doesn’t count. I’m sure there’s no one like that in this conversation so I’m confident it’s not offensive to say there’s no fixing stupid.

Reactions: 3 users

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
Quality pallet forks have significant weight - like usually around 300lbs. Of course, the bucket does too. People forget the weight of these loader attachments has to come out of the total lift capacity.

Reactions: 1 user

Jasonized

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3902, LA526, box scraper, grapple, pallet forks, tree ripper, lane shark 3
May 16, 2023
California coast
My 3902 with forks lifted 900 lbs (2000rpm) without complaining. Shipping guy was surprised… he thought my tractor would be to small. Worked fine!
1.5 sized pallet of plastic turf frames.
I was happy! Didn’t have to take the top half off!