B2601 seat upgrade project

ShootinBlanks

Equipment
B2601
Oct 16, 2023
Maryland
I kept the aftermarket Northern Tool Suspension Seat I had put on my BX and was time to tackle installing on the B. I studied the slider mechanism and brackets and compared to the suspension seat and decided a “simple” aluminum plate would be sufficient and snagged one off Chinazon.
IMG_0321.jpeg

this is the bottom of the suspension seat. It comes with SOME of the bolt holes, I’ve made the rest :D
IMG_0323.jpeg

cardboard pattern and shiny 1/4” aluminum plate.
IMG_0327.jpeg

I couldn’t use the same bolts for the seat as the rails because they happened to line up with the suspension mechanism.
IMG_0328.jpeg

Installed and started to verify seat safety switch works! Once the suspension gets weight on it, it settles down to pretty much the same height as stock seat.

Super happy with the outcome!

Reactions: 8 users

thebicman

Equipment
B2601 + BX2755HD + 50" box blade
Feb 2, 2017
Ottawa, ontario
Great upgrade. For your own safety I would radius all the corners. For me I only have to look at something sharp and then I'm bleeding.

Reactions: 5 users

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Looks great!

What is the reason for the 2 big holes?

I am presuming some sort of interference problem, but can't see it in the pic.

Reactions: 1 user

ShootinBlanks

Equipment
B2601
Oct 16, 2023
Maryland
Looks great!

What is the reason for the 2 big holes?

I am presuming some sort of interference problem, but can't see it in the pic.
The seat came with the holes, I assume to get your hand in the for the built in safety switch that I didn’t use. But I did use the openings to reach in for the bolts (y)

Reactions: 1 user