Recent content by Old_Paint

  1. Old_Paint

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    I’m thinking maybe a weight rack for added weight on the blade is next, but I think I probably need to give it something to do before I do that. Already modded it to make it QH compatible and finally bought the extended hook for my HF Speeco knockoff. $12 made a heck of a difference on that QH.
  2. Old_Paint

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    Did a little mod to the new (to me) box blade. Added a 2” receiver hitch to it using some 2.5x2.5 box beam. Now I can move the trailer without dropping the blade for the hitch adapter.
  3. Old_Paint

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    Where are you, Oak Island? Oops, wrong thread but couldn’t resist.
  4. Old_Paint

    Daily Chuckle

    What in hell did I just watch?
  5. Old_Paint

    Daily Chuckle

    HEY! I resemble that remark.
  6. Old_Paint

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    Started modding a new (to me) 60” box blade for the El Cheapo QH. Got some cutting and welding to do. There’s a piece of angle between the upright section that should be used to beat hell out of the idiot that decided welding it in place was a good idea. That’s gonna be the toughest part of the...
  7. Old_Paint

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    Kinda reminded me of the paddle treads on sand buggies, but I don’t think that tractor’s gonna be shootin’ any rooster tails with ‘em. I watched some off road stuff on Prime and they were running those on hopped up 4-wheeler rigs that probably were cranking out 500 HP or more.
  8. Old_Paint

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    Back in the 70's, they were very popular in paper mills down here in the southeast because they can get in tight places and keep maintenance people mobile. Bicycles were completely banned because of the number of injuries, then the three wheelers. But these little guys were around right up to...
  9. Old_Paint

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    I was admiring the tires on it. That's some serious ag tires.
  10. Old_Paint

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    Long grass tends to build up small clumps around the neck of the hammer and then continue growing on the shank until it fills up the spoon. A little woody stuff will clear them pretty quickly., so cutting perimeter stuff is great with the hammers. The Y-blades are much narrower and don’t seem to...
  11. Old_Paint

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    I wish I wish I had bookmarked the page, but looks like I have to struggle through the search AI that shows me everything EXCEPT what I asked for. Blades are pretty hard stuff and making a set might be outside my skill set and capabilities. I don’t think I have enough know how nor a forge to...
  12. Old_Paint

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    Hammers swapped for Y-Blades. What I have learned is: Hammers are better for woody weeds and trashy cutting in overgrown undergrowth, but not so great with thick pasture grasses or stringy weeds that tend to wrap around the hammers, or worse yet, around the drum. HOWEVER, they do an excellent...
  13. Old_Paint

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    The grille was just under $150. No taxes on ag equipment in Alabama, so the quoted price is what we pay. I like that design, but it also makes additional (above the grille) lighting mandatory. The headlights on the LX aren’t very bright to start with. IIRC, they’re just 1191 equivalents. I’m...
  14. Old_Paint

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    Next up, swapping the hammers for Y-blades on the flail…… Gonna recut the fields that I cut earlier and hopefully get more of the weeds under control. They look better already but I cut them with the hammers which mostly beats the grass down because the clippings fill up the hammers and hide...
  15. Old_Paint

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    Gave SUzie a nose job. (Replaced the plastic grille) After 7 years of being careful and not poking holes, I finally did it last Monday. Not even sure how, but I ordered a new grille from my local dealer yesterday and had it today. Only took about 30 minutes to install, including R&R the badge...