Recent content by konakid

  1. K

    SSQA (front mounted) Land Plane

    Some of my same thoughts. This tractor is real heavy for its size, and loader lift and power is impressive. So I will have more power on a smaller more maneuverable tractor. It looks like it could be useful after seeing this Tractor Time With Tim video. He was using it in both directions, and...
  2. K

    SSQA (front mounted) Land Plane

    I decided to ask this based on a pending purchase of a tractor that has a removable BH - but supposedly it isn’t all that easy and quick to remove (Kubota B26). It would be nice if there was an easy and quicker way to level up and maintain my gravel driveway than switching out to the 3pt. I...
  3. K

    Why Not A B26 “Commercial Grade” ???

    Yep, even more money here in Hawaii. I looked used, but buying sight unseen and then shipping wasn’t penciling out. San Diego to my island was $5100. Those ships use diesel too. :) And then getting it to the West Coast was more. But if like my JD 1025r - that paid for itself over the years - I...
  4. K

    Why Not A B26 “Commercial Grade” ???

    Thanks - that’s the info I was trolling for. Since I’ve been in the “Green Camp” since my first tractor, I haven’t been following all the other brand’s forum talk that can uncover troublesome models or just things I should be aware of when spending that much money. In other words, I just asking...
  5. K

    Why Not A B26 “Commercial Grade” ???

    It’s more like moving and placing bigger rocks and heavier logs that I just can’t move now, along with larger loads of dirt/gravel and cut firewood in bins on uneven ground and in sometimes tight locations. I am tempted to try stuff that is beyond the safe capacity of the little !025r, and I’ve...
  6. K

    Why Not A B26 “Commercial Grade” ???

    I phrased it like that because there seems to be some confusion at times between a B26 and a B2601. Those in the know realize that the B26 is what they call a commercial grade machine as opposed to “homeowner” type compact tractors.
  7. K

    Why Not A B26 “Commercial Grade” ???

    I should have clarified that no mowing is involved ever. And I would only be swapping out for a grapple or another skip steer type attachment.
  8. K

    Why Not A B26 “Commercial Grade” ???

    I’ve had a JD 1025r for 8 years. Not unhappy, but really need more power (loader lift and BH power). But I also need a smaller nimble tractor. - no bigger than a B2601 or the JD 2025 series. The B2601 lifts a little more than the same size JD, but the difference isn’t super exciting. But the...
  9. K

    BX25d or B2601? Maneuverability???

    Thanks again RonBoy - I only wish that was the case. I'm out here in the middle of the Pacific Ocean - on one of the outer islands of Hawaii. I'm lucky there is even a dealer here. They don't have either of the machines I'm interested in on their lot. So I haven't even been able to see one in...
  10. K

    BX25d or B2601? Maneuverability???

    Thanks Grandad - I guess that is why I was asking for the "feel" from some of you more experienced guys - as there is no definitive answer. I haven't been able to find specs for the length of an overall machine with FEL and BH - and as you said, it's "those attachments that really make operating...
  11. K

    BX25d or B2601? Maneuverability???

    Thanks RonBoy - but I'm a little confused. Wouldn't adding spacers on the 2601 make that machine even less maneuverable?
  12. K

    BX25d or B2601? Maneuverability???

    That's what I was thinking - so width, and turning radius isn't everything. But there aren't any specs to quantify "maneuverability." So, that is why I thought I would try and get the "feel" from some of the more experienced guys here.
  13. K

    BX25d or B2601? Maneuverability???

    Ok - been doing all my research, comparisons, etc. for buying my first tractor. I've never driven one, or watched one work for any length of time. So, yes, I am a complete nube. The most important question that I can not get a good feel for is this. How much maneuverability will I sacrifice if...