Recent content by jmontois340

  1. J

    Z725 Stalling out

    Ok after driving it for a little bit I would say that when the engine starts to struggle, putting full choke on helps for maybe 2-3 seconds and then it continues to struggle and eventually die. The parking brake seems fully disengaged. I also placed an inline spark plug tester in and it does...
  2. J

    Z725 Stalling out

    Thank you so much for this thorough and insightful response! I will let you know the results of some of the tests you described. Thanks again.
  3. J

    Z725 Stalling out

    Engine revs to full speed and can sometimes run for hours without issue. Then it just bogs down at full speed, you bring the control arms back and you can keep the engine running. If you keep them at full forward the engine will die.
  4. J

    Z725 Stalling out

    It's a gas Kohler engine. I replaced the fuel pump and no help. I took the fuel sender out and looked in the tank and it looked clean, no grass or other buildup near the bottom of the tank. Anyone have any idea? Grass is getting long! :(
  5. J

    Z725 Stalling out

    Quick update. This was occurring with a 1/4 tank of gas. Filled it up and it seems to be running ok for now. Maybe the added fuel pressure helps?
  6. J

    Z725 Stalling out

    Back again with more problems with my Zero Turn. My Z725 stalls out when I push the control arms forward. I can pull them back to the neutral position and the motor will pick back up and idle fine. Seems fuel related not sure where to start though. Anyone experienced this or heard of...
  7. J

    Z725 Quits on Parking Brake Release

    Thanks everyone for all of your help. The problem was the OPC Timer; Part Number TD060-30500 This was a very frustrating problem but I am glad it is solved.
  8. J

    Z725 Quits on Parking Brake Release

    Thanks for getting back to me. I replaced the OPC and no change. I did try to swap the wires around on the 4 relays to see if the problem moved anywhere and it didn't seem to. One thing that surprised me was the parking brake switch is normally closed. When you disengage the parking brake the...
  9. J

    Z725 Quits on Parking Brake Release

    I have confirmed the parking brake safety switch, the seat safety switch and the ignition are all working correctly. Control arm switches are working correctly. It just seems like the mower thinks the parking brake is still engaged. If you move the control arm levers in, it dies. If you try to...
  10. J

    Z725 Quits on Parking Brake Release

    The seat switch is a 4 wire. Does that mean it's possible that it's working on the "start engine" side but not the "run engine circuit"?? I orderd a new seat switch and parking switch. They won't be in for a week. Not even sure it will fix the problem.
  11. J

    Z725 Quits on Parking Brake Release

    Just to clarify the motor quits immediately upon releasing the parking brake. The control arms are still in neutral.
  12. J

    Z725 Quits on Parking Brake Release

    So the parking brake "locks" when pressed and needs to be released by pressing the small lever to the right. Were you talking about pulling the parking brake pedal back or something else? This is the parking brake assembly
  13. J

    Z725 Quits on Parking Brake Release

    The seat switch is 4 wire which was why I wasn't sure if I was jumping it correctly. Also there's a little icon that looks something like an hour glass on the hours meter. I never noticed it before. Is there any error feedback from that display? If there wasn't anything wrong with the mower...
  14. J

    Z725 Quits on Parking Brake Release

    I ran a few more tests... I tried starting the engine with the parking brake off. No Start. I tried starting the engine with the seat sensor not pressed. No start. I tried starting the engine with the left control arm not in neutral. No start. I tried starting the engine with the right...
  15. J

    Z725 Quits on Parking Brake Release

    Hey everyone. Yesterday I had a weird issue where the mower wouldn't stay running after the parking brake was released. I took off the seat safety switch and it appears to be functioning normally. The logic in the mower tells me to operate the mower the seat safety switch needs to be engaged...