Recent content by jermz2021

  1. J

    Bucket hook installation tips

    Weld hooks on the bucket. 2 or 3... whatever. Any hard pulls use a clevis on the rear pull bar of the tractor.
  2. J

    MX6000 Grapple and Third Function kit

    I purchased an MX5400 open (no cab) in November 2021. After I got it home for a bit, I realized I would likely want a grapple. FAQs - I don't need a grapple. I want a grapple. - I will beat the crap out of it -What's the best return on investment? -Could I buy 2 less...
  3. J

    Tool box add-on MX5400 and intro

    So far I keep my chains wrapped around the box blade. works well.. meaning an $80 chain hasn't fallen off yet. So far so good. Like the idea of keeping a chain under the chin of the front end on the tractor.
  4. J

    Tool box add-on MX5400 and intro

    I went for the straight blade bucket edge. I bet that piranha bar is a monster.
  5. J

    Tool box add-on MX5400 and intro

    That looks great. Hope when mine shows up it won't take too much fabrication to put it on. It should be made for the mx/LA1065 fel, but we'll see. I like fabricating and design, but sometimes it is easier to slap something on.
  6. J

    Tool box add-on MX5400 and intro

    Good call on that grill guard, or grill guard protection I guess. In about my first hour of using the thing I realized I'd need a guard or I'm going to damage the front. Ordered the mesh version through Lown a ~ week ago. Looking forward to it arriving. I was going to modify the grill guard...
  7. J

    Tool box add-on MX5400 and intro

    Nice. It was difficult to find ANYTHING here... as I'm sure it has been in other areas. I randomly landed the MX5400 after someone backed out of the deal. Congrats.
  8. J

    Tool box add-on MX5400 and intro

    Hi all, couldn't find a "here's where you put your first post", so here's mine. I'm in Northern Michigan. This is my first tractor. MX5400. 9 hours at this point. Have been very happy with it. Using for grading, pushing trees over, pulling up saplings and basically whatever strikes me as...