Recent content by fatjay

  1. F

    Tilt cylinder repack on b7200

    Went out and tested it. I have to say, it did pretty well.
  2. F

    Tilt cylinder repack on b7200

    New lines and cylinders are on, it's like a new tractor. Tons of power, it's fast, it's weird that just new lines and hoses could make this much of a difference. The cylinders were a bit to wide to go between the top posts, so I had to shave them down a bit. But otherwise, everything worked great.
  3. F

    Tilt cylinder repack on b7200

    I want to replace all the hoses. They're in rough shape. I saw an online hose place it's about $30 a hose. Cheaper, but I am not sure what size hoses or fittings I need. https://www.discounthydraulichose.com/R7-03BK-ASB.html I think it's NPT on the rest of hte loader, but I'm not sure what...
  4. F

    Tilt cylinder repack on b7200

    New cylinders are 3/8 JIC and the old ones were NPT, so I got some adapters and hoses.
  5. F

    Tilt cylinder repack on b7200

    I bought 2. It's leaking pretty good and I have work to do with it. I figured it would balance itself betweent he two if they weren't even, but yeah at full retract there's twisting and that's asking for trouble on a 40 year old machine.
  6. F

    Tilt cylinder repack on b7200

    What are the chances i can replace just one bucket cylinder now? $121 is a great deal considering i just spent $600 to repack the othe rone. Now the original one is leaking like a siv.
  7. F

    Daily Chuckle

  8. F

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    Moving concrete to get ready for my footer pour.
  9. F

    Milling on the lathe

    I bought a fairly cheap milling machine off amazon for $800. https://wenproducts.com/products/4-5a-variable-speed-single-phase-compact-benchtop-milling-machine-with-r8-taper I've been using this thing for about 5 years and have never had a problem. Plenty powerful to do what I want.
  10. F

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    I have a small boulder and dirt mountain that i built when digging out my shop. Working to dig it out and clean up some.
  11. F

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    Did some tractoring today. I'm digging out footers for some compost bins. By hand. But at least I don't have to move the dirt by hand.
  12. F

    Bolt-on tooth bar

    You get stuck more. The teeth tend to dig in more easily when you don't want to as opposed to the flat blade skidding along. I just had to dig my new holland out of the muck, and it did better with that than a flat blade would have.
  13. F

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    Today was a big day. I cut off the chute on my zero turn. I held up a plate, stenciled it, cut it out, and welded it, so i can disable the chute. I also picked up some clearance spraypaint a few weeks ago, which looked suspiciously like kubota orange.
  14. F

    No more floor jack and jack stands

    I've seen them and it's on my list. I haven't seen them go that high though. I'd be weary about the height, but other htan that, great alternative to drilling the floor.
  15. F

    new member question

    Lots of folks with older machines, i have an 8200 and 7200 and use them daily.