Recent content by beerandgasoline

  1. B

    L3200 Cruise Control

    My 3800 is scheduled to get it installed at the dealer next month. They quoted me 365 and that's 2 hours of labor for installation...I'm doing it for the cutting brakes.
  2. B

    my home-made rock bucket

    The nice thing about metal is it can almost always be fixed.lol I appreciate your input and it makes total sense to me. I wasn't planning on scooping any undisturbed soil really, I was rather planning on scooping ground that I've already plowed with the rippers on my box blade. So the forces on...
  3. B

    my home-made rock bucket

    1/2" holy smokes! I was gonna use 1/4"x4" flat bar and dimple flare 2 1/2" holes for extra support. Maybe I need to re think that
  4. B

    my home-made rock bucket

    still need to finish weld in some spots. Build the sides, and id like to add a lip to the front to keep the larger rocks from kicking back out the front edge. Which I have an idea for.
  5. B

    my home-made rock bucket

    I got some things done today until I ran out of weld wire. I got lazy towards the end. Should have stopped and came back to it a few days later buy I pushed on.. so it's not as square as it could have been but close enough considering I didn't use any jigs and its probably gonna get bent to ****...
  6. B

    my home-made rock bucket

    I've got 300 ft of it from another project I never started. Was going to make a v8 rock buggy.. It's a very common size and thickness for off-road roll cages. I also have 1.75" tube but 1.5" seems better for this application. (Lighter)
  7. B

    my home-made rock bucket

    Got my blank quick attach mounting plate today. It's 5/16 thick found it on Amazon hundred dollars free shipping.
  8. B

    my home-made rock bucket

    Allot of work left to do but this is as far as i got with my free time this weekend. Specs on the rock bucket.. Main material is 1.5x.120" wall DOM teeth are machined from 1020 cold rolled, will be considered replaceable, I sleeved the 4 inches of the teeth with 1.25x.120 dom, in hopes to keep...
  9. B

    Zerk fittings - how many on a BX25?

    That's normal a quick whack with a ballpein normally is enough to free the ball check valve up just be sure not to break the zerk off
  10. B

    What trailer to buy?

    My trailer is a 7k 21' tilt deck car hauler with a 6"knife edge. I love it, wish it was longer tho. My brush hog is off the back two feet with the loader nosed up all the way. I paid 3800 built to order. My manufactures only difference between their 7k and 10k was only 2 extra x-members and the...
  11. B

    Odd mowing question

    Check this out. http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/question612.htm
  12. B

    couple things I've done

    Added another cup holder.can't ever have too many of those.. Also added a little box for chain and what not that i bought on Ebay. Was a real bastard to bolt up.
  13. B

    couple things I've done

    here is a pic of how i mounted the box. Bottom left bolt is where i relocated the top link Hodder
  14. B

    couple things I've done

    I'll report back with a picture for you. But it was easy as drilling two holes matching the two on the back of the box. There is a strap that wraps the bottom inside of the box for strength. It'll all make sense when you see the pic.
  15. B

    couple things I've done

    Ya Amazon, they were the middle size. 2 pack