Daily Chuckle

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Turn off Siri and any other apps that have listening capacity. If you want to know if your app is listening to you, then talk about some random subject that you have no interest in buying, such as a snowblower or leaf vacuum. If you start getting ads for these items, then you know for certain that even if you have turned it off, it still isn't off. I have heard that Google is one of the biggest offenders of this invasion of your privacy, but most likely you gave Google permission to do this when you downloaded one of Google's services. If you want to really have some fun with the app, then start talking about robbing a bank and see how long it is before the law enforcement community has you under surveillance.

Toyboy

Equipment
BX2230D - RCK60-22BX - BX5450
May 18, 2010
Hayward Wi
Turn off Siri and any other apps that have listening capacity. If you want to know if your app is listening to you, then talk about some random subject that you have no interest in buying, such as a snowblower or leaf vacuum. If you start getting ads for these items, then you know for certain that even if you have turned it off, it still isn't off. I have heard that Google is one of the biggest offenders of this invasion of your privacy, but most likely you gave Google permission to do this when you downloaded one of Google's services. If you want to really have some fun with the app, then start talking about robbing a bank and see how long it is before the law enforcement community has you under surveillance.
Better then a Neighborhood watch

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I've never downloaded or used facebook why are they tracking me on my devices? Oh yes, by using my smart phone I automatically agree with everything whatever and whenever the cell phone vendors want.

Why doesn't google or facebook stop scammers from using their services? Because it generates revenue for them when scammers pay G/FB to have their scams distributed. G/FB is profiting from crime.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I've never downloaded or used facebook why are they tracking me on my devices? Oh yes, by using my smart phone I automatically agree with everything whatever and whenever the cell phone vendors want.

Why doesn't google or facebook stop scammers from using their services? Because it generates revenue for them when scammers pay G/FB to have their scams distributed. G/FB is profiting from crime.
I don't use Facebook but I'm not sure your assertion about them tracking you is correct. There are plenty of actors who will track your 'everything'. Most people never read the EULA's when then install / use any kind of app. Let's face it a smartphone isn't very smart if all you use it for is a telephone device.

If you haven't ever installed / used FB I'd guess it some other wonderful app doing the deed.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
comment deleted.

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
DT you for got,,,, guns,, boat and fishing equipment

Reactions: 1 users