trailer mover

rongarrett

Equipment
M7040 SU
Nov 10, 2011
Newnan Georgia
I'm looking to add a trailer mover to the FRONT of my M7040. Doing so makes it a breeze to move trailer, fluffers, rakes, and balers into their stalls in the pole barn when stacked hay makes things really tight.
I have a blank receiver. Was thinking of welding it to a flat piece of steel that is bolted on with the same bolts that hold front ballast weight on. Any ideas?

Freakingstang

Oct 23, 2011
NE Ohio
Nice fab work... I just have a little garden tractor. I want to fab up a three point hitch for mine eventually. For now I have front and rear hitches that I fabbed up. I use the front for my plow setup off a 5100 for a quick detach setup. The rear gets used for moving trailers and I also made a weight box for plowing that slides in the hitch

Attachments

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Freakingstang the rear receiver looks like it is mounted to your rear axle housing. When you are moving your trailers are you worried about cracking the housing that it is mounted to?????

Freakingstang

Oct 23, 2011
NE Ohio
Freakingstang the rear receiver looks like it is mounted to your rear axle housing. When you are moving your trailers are you worried about cracking the housing that it is mounted to?????
No not really. I dont have much weight on it and There is 8 bolts in it now to help distribute the weight(that was the fab stage
Pic). The factory hitch plate was mounted to the bottom of the axle housing with only two bolts. When I get around to my three point setup made I will tie it into the frame ears. I just needed something quick to my my jet ski trailer and yard cart around.

Roadhammer

Equipment
L2350DT
Dec 23, 2011
Sumterville, FL
I have a 2350 with a box blade on the back. I installed a square Reese adapter in the middle of the box blade. Doesn't add any length to the tractor and I can back up and raise the 3 pt. hitch and haul the trailer without even getting off of the tractor. Works great.

Piker

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2320, 2002 Honda Rubicon
Dec 1, 2010
Riverview, NB, Canada
Handy rig. I have built them for both my '47 Ford 8N & my 1980 Kubota B7100. I made the top link attachment to extend forwards & back as well & use it for skidding out firewood logs. Also, most of the gardening attachments I have made slide into the 2" receiver. I also mounted a 2" receiver on the Kubota front bumper that incorporates 2 suitcase weights & a 2" ball to attach my boat trailer for launching.

Attachments

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
I have plans to build one too. I picked up an old receiver hitch in my metal rack that I got somewhere in some trade a few years ago. Dont know what it fits so its a good candidate. lop off the ends on the bandsaw, a little angle, a riser and a couple pins and presto! thats iffin I get to it. at least I've got a few good examples to compare for final plans when that day comes. Good job!

number9

Equipment
L3800HST, 4x4, LA524
Apr 25, 2013
KY
Got some great ideas from looking at various movers guys have made. I had an old hitch laying around and was able to cut it up and reuse the pieces to make it into what I wanted. The only thing added to it was the lift arm pins from TSC and the 12" vertical receiver tube from HF and the 5/16" hook. I may have $40-50 in it total.

seanbarr

Equipment
B7100DT (sold) - Branson 3520H
Feb 1, 2013
Deer Park, WA
Number9, I like your setup a lot. With the vertical receiver, one can put on anything, including a small tray to hold stuff in. Just gotta get me a bigger welder...

number9

Equipment
L3800HST, 4x4, LA524
Apr 25, 2013
KY
Hard to see in the pic, but on the bottom of the vertical hitch tube, I ground a small (1/4"x1/4" or so) notch for water to drain out of if it rains or when I wash the tractor.

danv

Jun 10, 2013
warren, or
Nice fab work... I just have a little garden tractor. I want to fab up a three point hitch for mine eventually. For now I have front and rear hitches that I fabbed up. I use the front for my plow setup off a 5100 for a quick detach setup. The rear gets used for moving trailers and I also made a weight box for plowing that slides in the hitch
Freakingstang, Is that a stack I see on the side of your tractor or is that an illusion?

Bear

Equipment
All the above
Feb 16, 2011
CANADA
I did the same type of mount on a JD 420 WHEN IT BROKE I COULD SEE THE GEARS THOUGH THE FIST SIZED HOLE IN REAR DIFF!!!!!!

TravisG

Equipment
Kubota L3800
Jun 23, 2013
Brighton, Co
Thanks y'all. Just brought my new L3800 home this weekend. First thing my daughter said was "now we can have a hay ride!" I said to her "yes Ma'am, as soon as I figure out how to hook a trailer up to the tractor".