ZEN-NOH ZL 1511 FD help

BBRE

Equipment
Zen noh zl 1511 fd
Dec 11, 2023
Louisiana
I just purchased this and had a hydraulic line on bucket blow out. Changed two lines and now low on fluid and tractor won’t move since I circulated fluid through bucket lines. This tractor is nothing like I drove before. Where do I add fluid? When do I know it is full? Is there a place to bleed lines or do I have too? Do they get vapor locked? How do I put it in 4x4? So many questions on this guy. I already cleaned up all the neglected stuff. Clean holes retapped, new bolts, neverseezed everything. Now that almost everything is accessible I want to paint it back orange and black but I want it to move again first. Thanks.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Ok this is a new one on me, I didn't know they made a hydro in a L that far back, but here it is.

On this vintage of tractor the common methods of fluid level was a plug on the side of the transmission,
it would be around your left foot.
Other options would be a dipstick in front of, behind or under the seat.
Another option would be a sight glass again round where your left foot sits.

As far as 4wd goes there should be a lever on the left side.

Reactions: 1 user

BBRE

Equipment
Zen noh zl 1511 fd
Dec 11, 2023
Louisiana
Ok this is a new one on me, I didn't know they made a hydro in a L that far back, but here it is.

On this vintage of tractor the common methods of fluid level was a plug on the side of the transmission,
it would be around your left foot.
Other options would be a dipstick in front of, behind or under the seat.
Another option would be a sight glass again round where your left foot sits.

As far as 4wd goes there should be a lever on the left side.
Apparently it is very rare because I can’t find anything about it. When I bought it it actually took me a few minutes to figure out how to operate it with no shifting on the transmission. I still can’t find the 4x4. Are there multiple places to put hydraulic fluid like my Kubota? The fluid got low when a bucket line burst. Drove back to carport fine. Changed two lines. Turned on tractor and worked bucket control unit fluid had bucket functioning perfectly. Then tractor did not want to move. I realized trans and bucket were on same pump. I could not find anything on net to show me where to fill and what level. There is a cap on top of Tran’s about 1” around. I will check that tomorrow if it is not raining still. Thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The usual fill point are on top of the transmission and on the rear just above the three point, and yes they both lead to the same location.

Reactions: 1 user