Zen Noh not starting....

Deneh

Equipment
Zen Noh ZL2000FD
Dec 2, 2010
Herlong, Calif
Well..in the continuing adventure to try to get my inherited gray market L225DT running I have uncovered and rewired a burned glow lamp indicator. So far so good...
Now it seems I have next to nothing fuel pressure coming from the fuel injector pump. I removed the fuel lines from the top of the injector pump and noticed a tiny "poof" of a squirt of fuel coming out of the pump :eek:
I checked the fuel filter to get a date since it was last changed and noticed a Napa 1381 oil filter screwed on there :confused:
When I checked this fine web site it mentions that a REAL fuel filter should be screwed on here (I knew that but somebody didn't).
Any of you folks know if I should check anything else, that having the wrong filter on it would possibly cause me more head slapping headaches? I do plan on bleeding the filter and injector pump and testing the injectors before the next fact finding mission....;)

fj40dave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LA534, BH77, TPD35, RCF2060, BB1566, RGA1258
Sep 24, 2009
Yelm, WA
My money is on the injectors being bad...dirty or gummed up. Has it sat for a while?

fj40dave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LA534, BH77, TPD35, RCF2060, BB1566, RGA1258
Sep 24, 2009
Yelm, WA
My recent rebuild included getting the injectors rebuilt....made a huge difference :)

Deneh

Equipment
Zen Noh ZL2000FD
Dec 2, 2010
Herlong, Calif
Thanks for the response..finally got the little guy started and it runs VERY well :D
For all you folks with the same problem and a gravity fed injector...patience!

When the book says to bleed the filter, injector pump and fuel lines, take the time to bleed the systems until the bubbles are gone...or end up looking like me with egg on your face :eek: