ZD326 60" I have the fever...

CapnDean

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L6060,ZD1211
Feb 22, 2018
Gulfport, MS USA
I have a Cub Cadet Tank M60 that I use to mow around the house. I started with the M48 in 2003, I upgraded to the M60 in 2010. I have been very happy with both Cubs - - My nephew still has the M48. Tough as nails and runs like a Singer sewing machine.

But I want a diesel now. Really liking the ZD326 60" Cut.

Anybody got pros and cons? Any thing I need to look out for? There are several near me for sale with under 500 hours on em. I might just snag one.

Who here has one and has any good insight?

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Avoid older ZD pre-2010 models like the 321 as they had some issues with the hydrostat overheating.

The ZD326 is built like a tank and pretty bullet proof and will probably run forever if you keep it maintained. If it's under 500 hours and hasn't been abused you will likely be scoring a deal. I've been very happy with mine and the only things I've done to it was add an air ride seat and change the turf to bar tires for better traction on hills. My only complaints are the swivel scalp wheels have crappy plastic bearings and wear out fast and sharp sheet metal edges to snag your hands when greasing the PTO yolk under the seat.

If you find one, do the 400 hour service with all new filters and fluids and you will be good to go. Make sure to blow out the engine and hydro stat radiators.

Digger Dager

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M59 TLB, B3200 w/front snow blower, 3 @ ZD326 62" rear discharge mowers
CapnDean,

We have 2 ZD326R (rear discharge deck). The oldest has almost 2200 hours on it. We have had very few problems with them. Very dependable. You will want to see if there is a maintenance log of when things were done. Find out if the unit has had any major repairs, and who did the work (owner or dealer).

When you are done mowing every day, blow off the dust and debris, making sure to get under the fuel tanks to the axle housings.

Digger

Bigpuddie

Jul 30, 2018
US
Re: ZD326 60" I have the fever...

I have a 2014 ZD326 HO with a 72 inch deck. Great machine. Mows very well

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited: