Yesterday I started thinking

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
From the high wind and rain over the last couple weeks, there was a bunch of stuff to clean up. So me and da B hooked up the grapple and off we go,, first thing I run in to was a spider web across 2 trees 6 feet apart,, gawd I hate the taste of them things. And then I started to notice, the hickory nuts on the ground, wind maybe, then the black walnut trees are almost barren of nuts again on the ground, but there wasnt so many down the other day,, and my chestnuts beau coupe nut starting to fall already. Slight changes in the leaves, seems they are getting lighter and not the deep dark green, if you put the poloids on yep you can see the change. Small trees and brush are being ravages by the bucks already. Maybe we are going to have an early winter, cold and nasty,, and maybe get rid of some of these bugs, that would be nice

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Be more than happy to help with the bucks if I was only a couple miles closer. :)

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
It's so dry here the vegetation/Trees are shutting down so been going brown now about 2 weeks . However the monarchs & hummingbirds are comeing thru in droves & that's usually late Oct.

Botamon

Equipment
M7060HDC12, John Deere 2020 diesel
Mar 26, 2018
Winnemucca, Nevada
It's so dry here the vegetation/Trees are shutting down so been going brown now about 2 weeks . However the monarchs & hummingbirds are comeing thru in droves & that's usually late Oct.
Just the opposite here. Lots of water running in the desert, causing problems not just at Burning Man.
P1100099r.jpg

P1012401er.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
SO, just for grins today, since I can no longer ride a bike, I drove up over the mountian towards Cumberland, and there were a few maples, fire red and dropping leaves already.
I pulled in to the over look and yep some light greens and yellows are starting to show higher up on the ridge.
And the peepers are showing up as well,, today I saw more range rovers, high end SUVs and a couple 100k pick up trucks out and about and all of them rubber necking to see if the leaves are turning yet.

And this morning, there was a 5 point, along with 2 does and a couple fawns, picking around the pear trees he has a pencell thin rack, but really wide and real high. Maybe next year he will be a bit larger and legal

Reactions: 2 users

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
It's my fault. Construction project to remove cracked and broken concrete patio started last week, so of course we suddenly seem to have an early mud season. Dump truck fully loaded with concrete chunks is marooned pointed uphill in back yard hoping to get out Monday after 2 days with no rain. But now more rain expected Monday. Mud season. I don't even have stuff out of garden and into freezer yet.

Actually not MY fault. Construction guys should not be allowed to take vacations in August.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
It's my fault. Construction project to remove cracked and broken concrete patio started last week, so of course we suddenly seem to have an early mud season. Dump truck fully loaded with concrete chunks is marooned pointed uphill in back yard hoping to get out Monday after 2 days with no rain. But now more rain expected Monday. Mud season. I don't even have stuff out of garden and into freezer yet.

Actually not MY fault. Construction guys should not be allowed to take vacations in August.
Lol, it's known as Donnie luck SF. Good luck my friend.

Reactions: 1 user