Yes, another quick hitch question :(

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
I don't disagree a cat3 can be used on cat1 3ph. The differences in weight can be to a disadvantage on the sub-compacts is all.

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I am finally going to pull the trigger for a quick hitch for my L2501 HST. I have a Landpride brush cutter that is quick hitch compatible and will be adding a back blade in the near future.

My dealer quoted $600 plus tax for the Landpride QH16 cat 1 hitch

The SpeeCo cat 1 E-hitch shipped $349 plus tax

I do not plan on hitching anything but cat 1 implements.

My question is; is there any reason to justify the added expense of the Landpride Qh16 over the SpeeCo cat 1 E-hitch? Functionality, quality, weight ?

It is my understanding that the SpeeCo will not require any additional bushings where as the Landpride QH16 will? Both appear to have removable and adjustable top hooks and the design and build quality appears , in photographs , to be equal.
The weight of both seem to be close with the SpeeCo slightly lighter?
I'll sell you my speeco for $300 no tax. You pay shipping.

I want to go euro style ball hitch and I don't like my speeco.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
You don’t have to buy a quick hitch from a Kubota dealer. If you have any other tractor dealers around, price one from them. My Kubota dealer put a Woods brand quick hitch on mine when I bought it because at the time, Woods was cheaper and just as good. Tractor Supply has their quick hitches on sale right now.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I don't disagree a cat3 can be used on cat1 3ph. The differences in weight can be to a disadvantage on the sub-compacts is all.
Good point. I always seem to be messing around connecting the QH10 or QH15 to various implements. I finally decided to put a note in my phone for each implement so that I don't have to keep reinventing the wheel when I want to connect something to the back of a tractor.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I have a QH-15, but I probably would not get one again simply due to cost. I think that for the money there are better choices.

Although, it is built well and can move a tank.....too bad my tractor can't. :p

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
I bought a quick hitch from Walmart....believe it or not.
It was about $125. I've had it for about 5 years now, works fine, fits the Kubota equipment without an issue. For my usage I couldn't justify paying $600 or even $250 just to get an orange attachment.
I'm in the process of designing a land plane now and the quick hitch is a perfect "template" to try out different configurations. The only issue, and I am sure it is the same for all quick hitches is that when I attach the finish mower, I need to be mindful of the crossbar of the hitch hitting the PTO when lifting the deck.

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Outsider QH comment....
I just haven't seen the need for a 3 pt quick hitch. Swapping rear implements isn't something that I do often. And pushing my 3 pt rotary cutter out a few inches makes my K work harder.

Besides, when I have to change rear implements. I get to vent out my life's little frustrations by using bad language and a BFH. And I don't have to slam a door or kick something anymore to release built up anger.

It's part of tractor therapy.

Edit: BFH in this case, I'm using my Jeeper meaning for it, Big F'n Hammer

Last edited:
  • Haha

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Outsider QH comment....
I just haven't seen the need for a 3 pt quick hitch. Swapping rear implements isn't something that I do often. And pushing my 3 pt rotary cutter out a few inches makes my K work harder.

Besides, when I have to change rear implements. I get to vent out my life's little frustrations by using bad language and a BFH. And I don't have to slam a door or kick something anymore to release built up anger.

It's part of tractor therapy.

Edit: BFH in this case, I'm using my Jeeper meaning for it, Big F'n Hammer
I'd be a millionaire if I had a cuss jar. Hindsight🤔🤣🤣

Reactions: 1 users

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
You can always start one now.
Who knows, maybe you can be a "thousandaire", like me.
When I hit mid-late 40's I turned the steam valve down. That resulted in mental beatings with my OCD...lol.

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
When I hit mid-late 40's I turned the steam valve down. That resulted in mental beatings with my OCD...lol.
I'm learning to not give a sh!# about things I can't change.

I'm at peace almost all of the time. But when it gets overwhelming, which is a couple times a year at most; I change a 3 pt implement, or go camping, or hit the Jack Daniels hard and pass out on the floor. Lol.

I've never done the last one, but it kinda sounds like fun sometimes... but then I decide that it's time to put on my rotary cutter.

• Haha

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
I'm learning to not give a sh!# about things I can't change.

I'm at peace almost all of the time. But when it gets overwhelming, which is a couple times a year at most; I change a 3 pt implement, or go camping, or hit the Jack Daniels hard and pass out on the floor. Lol.

I've never done the last one, but it kinda sounds like fun sometimes... but then I decide that it's time to put on my rotary cutter.
Anymore, I'm generally pretty calm...unless I step I a fresh pile of dog plop....barefoot...in the dark of the night....within our living area.

I'm a country kid...it washes off.

(Insert Toyota commercial here)

😳

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Anymore, I'm generally pretty calm...unless I step I a fresh pile of dog plop....barefoot...in the dark of the night....within our living area.

I'm a country kid...it washes off.

(Insert Toyota commercial here)

😳
No new puppies inside!

Oh wait, this thread is about quick hitches for newbies...
Nevermind!

Sorry Ken. No offense , Sir.

Last edited:
  • Haha

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
Oh wait, this thread is about quick hitches for newbies...
Nevermind!

Sorry Ken. No offense , Sir.
No worries! I AM a newbie. :) when it come to quick hitches and those questions have been answered by the great folks here.

I did want to mention , after reading a few of the comments, my reasoning behind adding a quick hitch. I use a manual wheelchair which means I do not jump on and off the tractor without being next to my wheelchair etc. At times I have friends/family/neighbors help me swap rear 3pt implements and would like to make it as easy for these various folks to help me out as possible.

I think my biggest question was the huge, in my mind, price difference between the Landpride at $600 and the competition which typically will be sub $300. Being new to quick hitches I just wanted to make sure that the LP did not offer any real added benefits that could justify the price.

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Ken, I'm a newbie to quick hitches too. I never had one.
But for you sir. It sounds like it would help you even more than it would some of us.
My hat's off in respect to you. Sir.

If my ignorant advice on QH's is any good, and it's probably not. But, I've never heard of a 3 pt QH failing. If I was shopping for one I'd start at Harbor Freight for cost savings alone.