YEAAAAA I got an L245 4X4 FEL

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
I needed more traction, function and power since we moved to a 10 acre property with hills so I got this L245 4x4 with FEL. Now I feel like a little kid getting a new favorite toy. :D:D:D

To get 25HP with all this tractor has in my limited budget was exciting for me. It needs some work on a couple of things but after all the work on my L175 this will be a walk in the park. One thing I didn't have to do on the 175 was the steering box and this 245 has a problem there. Eventually it will be power steering but for the here and now so that I can get busy with it I will just repair to production manual steering.

The 3 point bars are worn out at the eyes so I will replace them. Anyone have recommendations for inexpensive resources for these?

The seat is cracked and wobbly, it has to go. I will use a modern style seat to replace it. The paint work it will get will be the new orange color just like I did on the 175.

Headlights don't work. I will replace these with some LED technology for a lot more light.

I will have to get some pics put up. :)

FLHollowPoint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST 4WD, 72" finish mower, 72" rake, 5' Bush hog, 5' box blade, hay spear
Feb 16, 2014
Weirsdale, Florida, USA
Happy for you, Sounds like you got a nice machine. Hope the repairs go good for ya. Post some pics as you progress.

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Happy for you, Sounds like you got a nice machine. Hope the repairs go good for ya. Post some pics as you progress.

Thanks.
That is a very nice machine you have. It must be very smooth to operate.

Mine came from Center Hill Fla, at Webster Machinery. Are you in that area?

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
My 3 point ends were shot also. I bought replacements at a local no name tractor shop. Cut out the old, weld in the new. No problem.

My seat is also shot. I welded up the cracks in the pan which helped the wobble, but the cover is toast. I slipped another layer of pad in there for now. Someday.

My lights also don't work. Several here have done nice swaps to cheap automotive fog lights. It's on the list of things to do. I wear a head lamp if I have to work at night.

Roll bar and seatbelt combos are available from your local dealer for pretty reasonable prices. Maybe $150-200 if I remember right.

FLHollowPoint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST 4WD, 72" finish mower, 72" rake, 5' Bush hog, 5' box blade, hay spear
Feb 16, 2014
Weirsdale, Florida, USA
Thanks.
That is a very nice machine you have. It must be very smooth to operate.

Mine came from Center Hill Fla, at Webster Machinery. Are you in that area?
Thanks, I am not that far. Just south of Ocala. The machine came from AgraCon in Ocala.

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
My 3 point ends were shot also. I bought replacements at a local no name tractor shop. Cut out the old, weld in the new. No problem.

My seat is also shot. I welded up the cracks in the pan which helped the wobble, but the cover is toast. I slipped another layer of pad in there for now. Someday.

My lights also don't work. Several here have done nice swaps to cheap automotive fog lights. It's on the list of things to do. I wear a head lamp if I have to work at night.

Roll bar and seatbelt combos are available from your local dealer for pretty reasonable prices. Maybe $150-200 if I remember right.

Sweet, I didn't know the bars could be repaired like that. You just made my day with that info. I expected to replace the entire bar with a pile of money and I would much rather repair the ends. That would be a perfect project for my new welder, yes, love it.:D :D

I want to get the ROP also so I will check into that. The ROP will be perfect for that grass hut top, LOL. :D

I put LED lights on the front of my 4wheeler and I love the light. I can see so much and so far that it is amazing. That will be my same angle for the tractor. I won't just have light on the subject I will light up the entire work area with my LED's on the Kubota.

The seat on my L175 is a modern seat with back rest and arm supports. I love how comfortable it is so I will do the same with this L245. Probably integrate a current style Kubota seat on this thing.

Do you have power steering? If not how is your gear box on your 245?
Mine is very sloppy and I don't know if it will adjust out. I will probably need parts to make it right.

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
Yep, those end links that Russell posted are the type I got.

I don't have power steering. So far my gear box seems fine.

I was going to get a vintage Ford type steel seat pan with no cover, but they are too valuable as antiques.

I'm glad you are going to work on your lights. I don't have any vehicle LED experience yet, but I love them for a headlamp.