WoodMaxx ™-86H or Woodlandmills WC46

dairborn

Equipment
B2301, 434 FEL, SGC060 Grapple, BB1248, 54" MMM
Mar 3, 2019
Mcdonough Georgia USA
Looking at pulling the trigger on one of these two units. Love the Hydro feed option....looked at a bunch of manual gravity fed ones and just can’t live with the idea of having to baby sit each branch as it goes in. Looked at some gas powered ones, but why not use the torque of the tractor is what I keep coming back to....what do u all think. Going to be going on my B2301!

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
The WM WC68 on my B2650 (19.5 HP @ PTO) eats up to 6" pine or poplar like nothing, the tach barely drops rpm. The biggest chunks barely slowed the chipper down, saw the tach drop to 522 rpm from 540, at the worst. Just need to cut the feed end of the larger (>2") wood at a sharp angle so the infeed roller can grab it. Unit shipment arrived in 5 days after I confirmed the order. This is a solidly built chipper.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
The WM WC68 on my B2650 (19.5 HP @ PTO) eats up to 6" pine or poplar like nothing, the tach barely drops rpm. The biggest chunks barely slowed the chipper down, saw the tach drop to 522 rpm from 540, at the worst. Just need to cut the feed end of the larger (>2") wood at a sharp angle so the infeed roller can grab it. Unit shipment arrived in 5 days after I confirmed the order. This is a solidly built chipper.

When your chipper knives get dull (and they will) look at the sticky I have on the wanted and for sale page.

I sharpen all chipper knives and square anvils.

Easiest way to tell when the knives are getting dull is the chipper will star stringing chips and it will take more and more power to chip material.

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
When your chipper knives get dull (and they will) look at the sticky I have on the wanted and for sale page.

I sharpen all chipper knives and square anvils.

Easiest way to tell when the knives are getting dull is the chipper will star stringing chips and it will take more and more power to chip material.
The 4 knives are reversible, they have 2 cutting edges. I think I'll try sharpening them myself, a flat 35° bevel will be easy to grind, but if I pooch the sharpening job there's shops in Winnipeg that I use to sharpen my circular saw blades who are a lot closer to me than SE Michigan! But thx for the info!

erik21788

Equipment
B3300SU, LP FDR1660, WOODS HC60
Jun 21, 2018
Thurmont, MD
I just received my WM8H about 3 weeks ago, and I'm glad I went with the hydraulic model. I have it on a B3300SU, and believe I have about 26HP at the PTO, thing is a beast, for bigger pieces, I slow down the infeed, I do like the customer service they have, you speak to real people and are informative. I read all about it on their website and it does what the videos show, as far as chipping. I did put it together myself, I'd advise getting a helper, and I believe the weight listed on the website is only the machine, when you add 7 gallons of fluid, it adds more and you know it on the back, make sure you have weight on the front. From order to delivery was about 8 days

raptorfan85

Equipment
L2501, woodland mills wc46 chipper, 60" bolens finish mower, old cordwood saw
May 4, 2019
Richmond NH
I just bought the wc46. I used it on a smaller iseki 19hp diesel and it worked no problems. Its a really well built chipper. I cant comment on the woodmaxx but I did look at them. It was to much chipper for the little tractor. The wc46 even with MAYBE 15hp at the pto on the iseki still chipped up to 4 inch as long as I turned the feed rate way down. Their customer service was great too, and shipping was fast. Got the chipper in under a week. Cant wait to try it out on my new L2501.

Woodstuck

Equipment
L2501
Apr 29, 2019
Hammonton
I received a woodmaxx wm-8h about 2 weeks ago for my l2501. At first I was worried about being on the bottom end of the hp requirement but the tractor handles it no problem. I have run about 6" or so pine and 4" oak through it no problem and I can do most stuff at full input speed. It definitely is a quality product for the price even if I did have to go over the whole thing with loctite.

Reactions: 1 user

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
The 4 knives are reversible, they have 2 cutting edges. I think I'll try sharpening them myself, a flat 35° bevel will be easy to grind, but if I pooch the sharpening job there's shops in Winnipeg that I use to sharpen my circular saw blades who are a lot closer to me than SE Michigan! But thx for the info!

Let me know how that works out.

They need to be sharpened in a jig on a dedicated grinder to maintain the correct cutting angle (32 degrees). 'Hand' sharpening is not the way, you won't be able to hold the angle for one and secondly, if you grind on them with say an angle grinder, you'll overheat the knife and it will lose it's temper and be useless. I flood cool them when grinding.

I mostly do commercial chipper knives but do residential knives as well.

dairborn

Equipment
B2301, 434 FEL, SGC060 Grapple, BB1248, 54" MMM
Mar 3, 2019
Mcdonough Georgia USA
Thanks everyone for the replys...I ordered the WC46 from woodland mills....slightly less in price, but biggest thing for me is how it sits compared to the woodmax. Seems that from what I can tell it sits higher up and seems to be better in line with the PTO of the tractor. Really it was a flip of the coin. Everyone seems to be happy with each company, and customer service seems to be there for everyone when they need it. I will let everyone know how it works out.

Reactions: 1 user