Chenango County, NY
Very nice - I can still see flames and/or teeth on it!!:D

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
Made a new linkage that goes over the top of the ssqa. Reason being is the handles for the ssqa latch were in the way if I went underneath. Also made up the chain stops to limit how far forward it can curl.

Going to put it through some more sea trials this afternoon and if it passes, disassembly and paint!

Attachments

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Hey Yooper. Very nice fab job with some very unique concepts. As a guy just getting started in doing fab work the last couple years, I sure enjoy watching your builds and seeing your ideas. A guy can never have too much stuff for his Kubota!!!

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Wanted to ask you Yooper, now that I am getting deeper into this fab work, looking at getting a hand held plasma cutter. Do you have any recomendations for one?

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
Hey Yooper. Very nice fab job with some very unique concepts. As a guy just getting started in doing fab work the last couple years, I sure enjoy watching your builds and seeing your ideas. A guy can never have too much stuff for his Kubota!!!
Oh thank you, thank you rkidd! Because of your last sentence, I'm forwarding this to my wife!

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
Wanted to ask you Yooper, now that I am getting deeper into this fab work, looking at getting a hand held plasma cutter. Do you have any recomendations for one?
Twenty years ago I could have helped you, but I'm really not up to date on plasma cutters. I would start a thread and get some opinions from this forum. Describe what thickness and type of metal you're going to use it for.

One thing that hasn't changed, you will need a source of DRY compressed air. Moisture in the air kills the tips and electrodes.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
I tell my wife that all of the time. I dont think she is buying it!! I did just get away with buying a 20ft shipping container to put all of my Kubota accessories in!!

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
Well, it passed the test. Could have been a few inches further out. Would be nice if the rotation were run by hydraulic motor so you could spin 360*. But, for a build that had one of the goals to use up what was laying around, I'm calling it done. Disassembled and welded up a few things that I couldn't get to earlier. Off to powder coat we go!

Attachments

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Yep! Know how that goes!
Great looking container. looks like new. I found it the best way to go, cheaper than an addition or a lean to on the back of my garage. I had put in the stone pad last year to put it on. It is solid, and I will put a coat of paint on it in the spring. It is going to work out great to put my stuff in. Started making some carts for my implements yesterday so I can roll them around to put them in place inside.

View attachment 27872

View attachment 27873

View attachment 27874

View attachment 27875

View attachment 27876

Last edited:

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
With some help from my grandson , I got the grapple painted and assembled. Then took it down to a tree that had been blown down and lodged into another tree. Used the grapple to pull it out so I could cut it up. Grapple made this almost too easy.

Might need to take a Dramamine to watch the video that my grandson shot of me pulling the tree down :eek:, but it shows how handy this thing is going to be.

https://youtu.be/2Sb47sPKXaA

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
With some help from my grandson , I got the grapple painted and assembled. Then took it down to a tree that had been blown down and lodged into another tree. Used the grapple to pull it out so I could cut it up. Grapple made this almost too easy.
Wow - it works like a champ!! Not a lot of weight on the grapple with that task - more push/pull when yanking a tree down - how did it feel?

Looks like it could handle bigger stuff pretty easily.

Job well done - thanks for sharing.

I really do look forward to your projects! :D:cool::cool:

I didn't see the flames/teeth/eyes in the paint job...musta been the lighting?!?:p

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
Wow - it works like a champ!! Not a lot of weight on the grapple with that task - more push/pull when yanking a tree down - how did it feel?

Looks like it could handle bigger stuff pretty easily.

Job well done - thanks for sharing.

I really do look forward to your projects! :D:cool::cool:

I didn't see the flames/teeth/eyes in the paint job...musta been the lighting?!?:p
What??? You can't see the flames??? I painted them orange so they would stand out!!!:D;)