Won't start !

RDen

Jul 21, 2014
Austin Texas
Just got 1 wk. ago; has been starting, but now it won't. It's a yr. 2000, diesel-5cyl. Kubota, M 4030 SU, 2wd. Battery is now fully charged, and turns over good, but will not start . It ran good when I parked it, and then 2 days later.....nothing . Any ideas ? Thanks, RD

meanjean

Equipment
Kubota MX4700
Aug 10, 2010
Hazelridge, Manitoba
It's often that an owners child plays on the tractor and pulls lever, pushes bittons. That could be it.
Not sure if it has a decompression lever, just spit balling ideas.

RDen

Jul 21, 2014
Austin Texas
It's often that an owners child plays on the tractor and pulls lever, pushes bittons. That could be it.
Thanks, that is just exactly what it feels like, something simple like that; I just hav'nt found it yet. My friend who parked it, is going to come over on Sunday and look at it. he owns one, so he wants to help. We'll see then. I'll let you know what it turns-out-to-be, once I find out. Maybe it'll be a help to someone else later on. Thanks again.

RDen

Jul 21, 2014
Austin Texas
GOT IT STARTED ! The safety- switch ; stuck and shut off everything. Thank you again for your help, I appreciate your insight .

RDen

Jul 21, 2014
Austin Texas
GOT IT STARTED ! The safety- switch ; stuck and shut off everything. Thank you again for your help, I appreciate your insight .
CLARIFICATION : Orange knob pulled all the way out locked up the safety engine shut-off and froze in that position. Thanks again

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
Just for clarification, it seems a disconnect has happened in this dialogue.

Original poster says engine is turning over but won't start.

In his last post says orange knob pulled all the way out and locked up the engine.

An interim poster mentions the possibility of the decompression knob being the culprit.

I'd like the original poster to more fully describe, perhaps with photo, of exactly what we're talking about.

Begins to sound like the decompression was pulled 'out, engaging it--decompression--and the owner pushed 'in' the same lever (knob), enabling the machine to now start.

Please post back your experiences so we may all learn.