Will Kubota insurance cover this?

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
Below is an email sent to my dealer. I would like feedback to be prepared for any questions or concerns. Thanks.

On Sunday, 2/12/2012, I was moving large (6' to 7') stumps to a burn pile. Several of the stumps were too heavy to lift so they were being rolled using the forklift attachment.

In trying to get another bite on the stump with the forks at the top of the lift and fully curled down a huge stump shifted and rolled back into the tractor. The tips of both forks were bent down about 45 degrees, the brush guard bent and damaged, and, as I found out later, the curl hydraulic cylinders were damaged.

The cylinder damage is such that the curl cylinders fully extend after about 10 minutes with the tractor not running. The weight of the forks pulls them all the way down.

I heated the tips and straightened them to go back to finish the job. The tips bent very easily again. A forklift repair shop said that the forks were likely ruined.

There may be other damage that has not been discovered. The fork frame seems to be OK but it has not been measured yet for square or closely inspected.

My question concerns my Kubota insurance. Can these issues from the accident be repaired/replaced under my Kubota insurance policy? I realize that there is a $250 deductible for the accident.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
After dealing with my insurance for almost a year from a break in I have learned a few things. I may be completely wrong but here are my thoughts.

Your 2nd sentence already gave them a way out. When you said the stumps were to heavy to lift that will let them be able to say you were doing something that you shouldn't have been doing. I can hear them saying operator error and improper use of equipment. Doing jobs with a machine that it wasn't designed to do. I think you get were I going with those statements.

I think you just gave them to much information to use against you. I learned that it's best to not volunteer anything. Any answer you give make it short and to the point.

Should have been more like this.

I need to report a accident involving my tractor. Do I make the report myself or does my attorny need to file the paperwork with you? I have never filed a claim so I was unsure about proper procedure. Do I need to do anything else at this time or will you contact me? Thankyou for any help reguarding this matter.

Short and to the point without giving anything they can use against you.
I guess you can tell I have no faith in insurance companies. Maybe they won't stick it to you. Good luck.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Yeah I'm kinda with Bulldog on this one. Sounds like a case of operator error and trying to do more then the tractor and forks can handle.

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
Don't mean to sound disrespectful but I think the best insurance to have when one is operating any type of machinery is a good policy of " common sense" use but don't abuse your equipment. I believe by the time your finished with the repairs you'll agree, sorry about damages.....Dan

steve l

Equipment
2 m9000,9540 all cabgmd700 kuhn 605m vermeer,r23a vermeer rake,468 jd baler,
Dec 29, 2010
bullard,texas 75757
i know first hand state farm will pay for any damage done on any one my tractors.but i will also agree with bcbull378.

B2710

Equipment
LX3310, L45, RTV1100
Dec 13, 2011
SE Tennessee
90% of claims are operator error, that is why you pay for the insurance, to repair your errors and the occasional "accident." They have always paid for my errors, no questions asked, but I have always called the dealer first, who contacted the insurance company. Have no ideal if the dealer told the insurance company the complete story everytime.:)