Will a gravel rake help with leaves?

filix

Mar 23, 2015
arundel
I saw a king cutter 6' I dont know what he asking. I have alot of small branches, pine cones, leaves to pick up. I thought I could drag the stuff is the woods. Thanks.

Grouse09

Equipment
B2650 Cab, snowblower, FEL, brush hog
Aug 24, 2016
Traverse City, MI
In my “back 40” I use my landscape rake to drag leaves, pine needles, and dead falls into a pile. I then scoop/ shovel it into the bucket and go dump it on the burn pile. It does tear up the soil. In my case, that is fine. However, I would not use it on my lawn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mkc1962

Equipment
2012 L3200
May 17, 2011
Valley Grande, Alabama
I have had a landscape rake for years, great for heavy debri but tears up the /grass/soil too much for leaf work.

I recently bought a Pinestraw rake....NOW THAT I wish I had for years. does a great job on most average to small limb debri, does great on leaves with exception of the smaller white oak variety, and does little to know damage to the grass.

I found best price at amazon. Much cheaper than all the implement providers and free shipping. .

https://www.amazon.com/Field-Tuff-F...id=1512585198&sr=8-2&keywords=pine+straw+rake

Last edited:

Cliff L

Equipment
tractor
Dec 7, 2017
Wisconsin
I use a rear 5 ft. sweeper, with a rotating brush powered from the wheels on it. Leaves a clean lawn, but lots of trips to the disposal pile.