where to buy

Wrencher2423

Apr 27, 2014
Leechburg,Pa,U.S.A
a buddy of mine priced out a new L series tractor from a local dealer that is less than 10 miles away. got second price from dealer 30 miles away. dealer 1 would not take his green machine and was not willing to move on price. dealer 2 was willing to take trade and gave him great deal on tractor. i am in the market for a new bx25d so i did the same visited both dealer. dealer 1 is 800.00 higher than dealer 2. i asked if he would be willing to price match and his words where"buy it where you want and dont bring your service here if you dont buy from me" i want to buy from local business buy at least show some want to sale me a machine. where do i give my bussiness too? i want to support the local economy but come on. he said when i was standing there that he has been in bussiness for so long that he can do what he wants.

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
JMHO - but with an attitude like that, what is going to be their response if you have a problem under warranty? A dealer near me has the same attitude and it does continue over to service. They are doing you a favor by taking your $$$$ for a machine and service.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
a buddy of mine priced out a new L series tractor from a local dealer that is less than 10 miles away. got second price from dealer 30 miles away. dealer 1 would not take his green machine and was not willing to move on price. dealer 2 was willing to take trade and gave him great deal on tractor. i am in the market for a new bx25d so i did the same visited both dealer. dealer 1 is 800.00 higher than dealer 2. i asked if he would be willing to price match and his words where"buy it where you want and dont bring your service here if you dont buy from me" i want to buy from local business buy at least show some want to sale me a machine. where do i give my bussiness too? i want to support the local economy but come on. he said when i was standing there that he has been in bussiness for so long that he can do what he wants.

If the dealer is 30 minutes away verses 10 minutes...........as much as this might sound like a lot of time or mileage, I would go to dealer 2! Unless you can drive the tractor to dealer 1, then either way, you have to trailer the tractor to get it back to the dealer if needed repairs........

When you get new filters and what not, go in to dealer #1 buy it and leave.....or drive a little further or get them off the net.

With the market these days, ATTITUDE is everything! Lets say that dealer #1 was $200 higher.....but was a great dealer, did the small things for you and what not......

I have learned late in life that service is where the rubber meets the road.......

I would go BACK to dealer #1 and ask him with the NICEST face, you really want me to go to the other guy on this? And if he acts like an a$$ then say sorry you feel that way and leave.

I dont think you will have many if any problems with your new tractor......and if when you do, call on dealer #2 ....

my 2 cents

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
30 miles is not that big a deal. And it is still local economy. $800 will buy a nice implement.

Wrencher2423

Apr 27, 2014
Leechburg,Pa,U.S.A
thanks for advise my thought was basically the same but i really hate to be that way. my buddy that just bought his new one love dealer 2 so i guess i will be visting dealer 2 this week end. i am in service also and cant figure out why people act this way. he told me in our conversation that he is the 8th oldest kubota dealer in united states so i guess he feels he can say or do what ever he wants.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
thanks for advise my thought was basically the same but i really hate to be that way. my buddy that just bought his new one love dealer 2 so i guess i will be visting dealer 2 this week end. i am in service also and cant figure out why people act this way. he told me in our conversation that he is the 8th oldest kubota dealer in united states so i guess he feels he can say or do what ever he wants.
If he aint real careful, the 9th oldest is gonna pass him........:p

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Don't buy from a Dealer that you don't feel comfortable with. First impressions will usually lead to bad dealings latter on. As other's have said, if they are that arrogant and cocky, then they won't go to bat for you in service and may not be there in a few years.