What to get and what not to get from dealer when purchasing tractor

Clover13

Jul 27, 2018
NJ
Tractor ordered!
L2501 HST with LA525 loader
2 sets of Kubota rear remotes, one standard one float detent valve.
W. R. Long third function kit.
LP BB1560 60" Box Blade
LP RCR1860 60" Rotary Cutter
PFL2042 QA Pallet Forks
L8430 Telescoping Stabilizers

Just got off the phone with Travis at Everything Attachments and ordered their EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple in orange.

Contacted Brian via the Fit Rite Hydraulics web site to order their T&T kit for this tractor.

The L2501 is at Landsdowne-Moody but at one of their other 5 Houston area locations. It'll be at the one 14 miles from me on Wednesday for them to start building. They load the rear tires on every tractor that has a front loader. They are ordering the hydraulics today and will install as they come in. Might get it delivered by the end of next week. I'll use it for a while before making any decisions about a QA or PATS for the 3pt. I punted on getting the BH. The dealer will get me a good rate on rental of a big excavator. I'll wait until my brother in law visits this winter, he's retired but is an expert equipment operator.
Nice! Congrats and enjoy!!!

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Tractor ordered!
L2501 HST with LA525 loader
2 sets of Kubota rear remotes, one standard one float detent valve.
W. R. Long third function kit.
LP BB1560 60" Box Blade
LP RCR1860 60" Rotary Cutter
PFL2042 QA Pallet Forks
L8430 Telescoping Stabilizers

Just got off the phone with Travis at Everything Attachments and ordered their EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple in orange.

Contacted Brian via the Fit Rite Hydraulics web site to order their T&T kit for this tractor.

The L2501 is at Landsdowne-Moody but at one of their other 5 Houston area locations. It'll be at the one 14 miles from me on Wednesday for them to start building. They load the rear tires on every tractor that has a front loader. They are ordering the hydraulics today and will install as they come in. Might get it delivered by the end of next week. I'll use it for a while before making any decisions about a QA or PATS for the 3pt. I punted on getting the BH. The dealer will get me a good rate on rental of a big excavator. I'll wait until my brother in law visits this winter, he's retired but is an expert equipment operator.
Be absolutely sure to let me know if you go with Pats QH. I will need to build the top link longer. Plus I have other alternatives to Pat's as well as to complement. :cool:

Attachments

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 LA525 QA PFL2042 Forks RCR1860 FDR1672 BB1560 EA55 WR Grapple FitRite TnT
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
OK. Instead of using the tractor for a while then deciding, I'll go ahead and research and ask for advise on PATS and other options and let you know. I'll probably resurrect another thread or start a new one if needed. I would really like the extendable lower arms like on the Grand L and some of the B series tractors but there is not a kit and it would probably be rather expensive to piece together new. For now I'll be switching back and forth between the rotary cutter and the box blade. I see lots of advocates of PATS. At first I wasn't so excited about cutting off the eyelets and welding on PATS then I saw that there is a bolt on version, and that it does lengthen the arms. Brian can compensate for that so I need to see if there are other drawbacks. I think I would rather use a PATS type system than an attachable QA that might or might not work with any implement I can buy or borrow. I read that some of those have interference issues with the top link.

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
Be absolutely sure to let me know if you go with Pats QH. I will need to build the top link longer. This => Plus I have other alternatives to Pat's as well as to complement. I missed on the first read. Contacted for alternatives! :cool:
The PATS looks very popular but other options might be better.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
If you are going with all new attachments, I would go with a Quick Hitch and buy the quick hitch compatible implements. Most new implements sold now are quick hitch compatible. Saves wrestling the top link on and off all the time.

Reactions: 1 user

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
If you are going with all new attachments, I would go with a Quick Hitch and buy the quick hitch compatible implements. Most new implements sold now are quick hitch compatible. Saves wrestling the top link on and off all the time.
I have the Kubota QH for my L3301 & its a Worksaver. I go back & forth from box blade to shredder. The shredder does need the floating top link kit to make it EASY but will work without it. I got my TL kit on line for about a third Kubota price from I believe was Messick. I'll check.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
I agree, a full 3pt quick hitch is the way to go if-when going with all new implements. :cool:

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
Thanks BAP, PoohBear and MountainView Ranch. The dealer I'm working with downplayed the LP 3pt quick attach for some reason. Said folks have problems with them. Originally I had planned on getting one. Now that experienced folks here say thats the way to go, go I will. Which one would be best? They are all fairly inexpensive. The only 3pt implement I think I might add would be a rear finish mower. I'm going to wait on the house construction and landscaping because I might wind up with half the lawn I have now. I have about an acre of pasture and 2.75 of woods.

Poohbear

Equipment
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
Thanks BAP, PoohBear and MountainView Ranch. The dealer I'm working with downplayed the LP 3pt quick attach for some reason. Said folks have problems with them. Originally I had planned on getting one. Now that experienced folks here say thats the way to go, go I will. Which one would be best? They are all fairly inexpensive. The only 3pt implement I think I might add would be a rear finish mower. I'm going to wait on the house construction and landscaping because I might wind up with half the lawn I have now. I have about an acre of pasture and 2.75 of woods.
The QH10 is the Kubota model QH for L series. I added this right after I got my L3301.
There are aftermarket ones cheaper but Kubota/Land Pride says all of their 3pt Cat 1 equipment is compatible with the QH10. Even Harbor Frieght has one for only $99 but the reviews are pretty mixed +-.

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
Dealer is getting me the QG15 for $350 which is on the lower side of the dealer quotes I have seen on OTT. I looked at the cheaper offering but don't mind paying a 25 to 50 % premium for the Land Pride unit based on quality assessment of someone on OTT who I trust enough to buy his unrelated product.

Poohbear

Equipment
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
Dealer is getting me the QG15 for $350 which is on the lower side of the dealer quotes I have seen on OTT. I looked at the cheaper offering but don't mind paying a 25 to 50 % premium for the Land Pride unit based on quality assessment of someone on OTT who I trust enough to buy his unrelated product.
You are going to need bushings for all your Cat 1 implements. The QH10 is what you should get for a L2501.

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
Meet Agent Orange, the tractor not the wife. It's primary function in jungle abatement thus the name. Guys here as old as me and older will get the connection. Hopefully none of you got rained on by the real thing in theater. I'll start a new thread when it gets delivered, this Friday I hope. They have the 3rd function kit and the 2 rear remotes come in tomorrow morning.
Agent Orange sm.jpg

Last edited: