What tire are suppose to be on an L245DT

Tom Larson

Equipment
L245DT
Sep 6, 2010
Glenwood, MN USA
Hey all new to the Kubota Family, Just brought home my new to me L245DT, have some concerns about the front tires, it appears that the center of the rims were cut out and welded onto these rims. The tires are 7-16's and I am not sure if they are the right ones. Thought maybe they should be 5-15's I understand that if the front and back are not matched that this can cause problems in the differentials. I believe this particular Kubota was manufactured in 1982. Does anyone know where I can go to find out for sure what the right size fronts should be. Thanks Tom

sambo30

Equipment
L245DT
May 29, 2010
Clinton, MO
Tom,

I'll have to remember to bring in my manual when I come back to the house for lunch. I just don't remember what size mine has on the front, even though I bought two new tires for it just two years ago.

I don't know of anyplace on the 'net that shows recommended sizes.

bky

Nov 8, 2009
ky
Hey all new to the Kubota Family, Just brought home my new to me L245DT, have some concerns about the front tires, it appears that the center of the rims were cut out and welded onto these rims. The tires are 7-16's and I am not sure if they are the right ones. Thought maybe they should be 5-15's I understand that if the front and back are not matched that this can cause problems in the differentials. I believe this particular Kubota was manufactured in 1982. Does anyone know where I can go to find out for sure what the right size fronts should be. Thanks Tom
The front are indeed 7-16.

sambo30

Equipment
L245DT
May 29, 2010
Clinton, MO
Just came in.........remembered to bring the Op. manual too!! :D

Spec's for L245DT from factory are 7-16 front (bky gets the prize for first response) and 11.2/10-24 for the rear.

Have fun!