What is this lever?

aeblank

Jun 19, 2013
Cadillac, MI
What is this lever, it isn't in the manual. I expect that it locks out the FEL controls, but the lever won't move. I haven't really looked/traced down where the linkages go or what might be stopping it from moving. I blindly shot a bunch of penetrating oil in there. Once I know what it does, I may put a wrench on it to see if I can get some jiggle to work the oil in.

Also, thought I'd show some pictures of my trash can carrier. Driveway is 800' long, and the thing doesn't fit in the bucket for diddly squat. I liked the hitch'n can that I found online, but while I have torches/welder, I have no steel. Trying to simplify it, that's what I came up with. I ended up trimming the "tail" off of one end, making it now non-symmetric. The problem is that I can't see the thing, so it can be hard to pick up. Often have to get off the tractor and PUT it on there. Still nice, if not super bouncy down my stupid driveway (need land plane, but that's a different subject).

What do you think of that lever?

Attachments

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Love the can carrier...
I normally just pull them back into the bucket and strap them in for long trips.

I don't know what the lever does but it looks like a cam lock to stop some sort of linear or radial movement. A few whacks with a rubber mallet and that penetrant should break it loose. You might be right on the control lock out but it could be something very different than that! (How's that for a squishy, vague and undefined statement of nothing! :D )

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Guessing what tractor you have is not in the cards today! :rolleyes:
You wanna give me a clue? ;)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
See I told you guessing wasn't in the cards! :D

Electronic clutch?
Are you talking PTO?
If so then try Hydraulic clutch, and yes just on -3 models.

aeblank

Jun 19, 2013
Cadillac, MI
Ok, so right hand side of the engine, near the front, and maybe mid-height.
Expected it to be lower, for some reason.

I already have the heater, and the sleeve. The box got soaked though when some snow melted (shouldn't have been on the floor, obviously).

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Ok, so right hand side of the engine, near the front, and maybe mid-height.
Expected it to be lower, for some reason.

I already have the heater, and the sleeve. The box got soaked though when some snow melted (shouldn't have been on the floor, obviously).
If you have already have the sleeve type, ( 1 1/4" drive in sleeve to 3/4" threaded) you have the wrong one for your motor. :(
Yours takes the one I gave you a link to, it's a 1" threaded hole in the block and a different heater type. ;)

aeblank

Jun 19, 2013
Cadillac, MI
What the stink. I'll have to go find it and post back with PN or picture.
I bought it from the dealer........

Is this a -3 difference?

Guess it's better to know now, than when I have no antifreeze and no plug for the hole I created.

Arg.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I think it is a -3 difference.
They changed a lot of things between the models!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Did you get a chance to look at your tractor and make sure it has the front threaded plug on the right side?
Some model engines have the plug and some do not have the plug. :)

The model heater you have will work, but if you read halfway down the sheet that model of heater will require you to remove the hydraulic pump to install the heater in a freeze plug hole that is behind the pump, it has to do with the lack of circulation in any other plug holes causing the unit to burn out if it's installed in any of the other holes. :eek:

The little bit of rust on there won't hurt a thing just take and polish the part that goes in the block with some emery cloth. ;)

Last edited:

aeblank

Jun 19, 2013
Cadillac, MI
I haven't looked yet. Will do my best to do it soon. Does that one you linked install in the same place/way? Pondered the loctite for press-in joints too, just as belt & suspenders.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

aeblank

Jun 19, 2013
Cadillac, MI
Better late than never?

So, is that the freeze plug in the back and the pump in the front (see attached)?

What fluid am I going to lose when I take that pump off? or can I un-mount it and just rock it out of the way a little bit? Is it a power steering pump?!

On an unrelated note, man I don't know where the heck I'm going to put my fuse block for auxiliary lights. Not much room to speak of.

On a related note, I still haven't gotten the loader lock lever free'd up. Sprayed it down multiple times with lube, and still nothing. Probably have to take the seat off so I can get TO the dang thing, and start taking it apart till I find the bound up part.

Always projects.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Did you look at the right front side , bottom just under injection pump for a large threaded plug hole?
If it doesn't have one then yes that's the right freeze plug hole, you will need to disconnect the in and out lines to the hydraulic pump, some fluid will come out but not much, remove pump completely as you will need to drive in the adapter. ;)

aeblank

Jun 19, 2013
Cadillac, MI
I saw no such thing, but I'm going to have a second look tonight.
I sure like the idea of threading out a plug and the heater in vs. dealing with freeze plugs. Gosh that engine is tiny.