What if

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
It is a sad state of affairs that God forbid something would happen across the country, I mean look what happened in the Big Easy. People in todays world for the most part wont last a week, most people don't have a clue how to survive or have food or water stockpiled for an emergency like hurricanes, or winter storms, or anything like that. Around here at least, if the weather man says there is a winter storm warning, the stores are jammed with people buying milk and bread and toilet paper, never could figure out that last one. But if you don't have enough stuff to live for a few days on the shelves you got a problem. Guns hmmm maybe I should look in to one :rolleyes:
No power, no natural gas,, no running water, that for sure is some bad JUJU

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Ray's last posts have nailed it.surving in total society collapse. One can never be prepared enough. Ten gallons of fuel or a thousand gallons of water- how to be prepared is relevant to the situation one is in.
Best of luck to you all.

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Best preparation would be not to live in a big city and have knowledge to find food/water in nature, to find/make medicine, get it warm and make clothes from animals/plants.

There will be nothing to depend on, only your group and its knowledge.

Living the way we do now, is such an easy way... :cool:

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
The key is reconstituting society one neighbor at a time. Neighbors group with neighbors. Neighborhoods bond with other neighborhoods. Should the need arise, you CANNOT do this on your own. Find like-minded neighbors in advance, if possible. If not, figure out who might be open or capable in providing for the mutual defense in advance. You may have to arm them. When the feces blows over, those who have worked together will provide the structure for the society that resumes after the "event." The faster you can get your community back on its feet with a stable and safe environment, the sooner you can get on with life.

As the above narrative explains in great detail, living in a constant war situation is worse than hell. I hope I never have to deal with that alternative.

Toilet paper: One of the top barter items! Notice he used it to get other items he needed?

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
I don't watch prepers, but happened to catch it one time that had a family in my anti gun state. The were the "peace & love" type that didn't agree with owning firearms. I remember them saying if the SHTF, they would be able to trade home grown food with their other anti gun friends and they didn't need firearms. I thought....well you won't last long :p.

The scary part is everyone from the cities will be coming to the country to take what you have. Around me there are a lot of crime ridden cities filed with thugs that illegally own guns. Sadly I don't think I would have enough ammo to take care of that threat. Some day this will happen when their welfare checks stop because there isn't any money to fund it, or someone puts a stop to it.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
OE,

Don't worry. The criminals in your nearby city will spend all of their gas driving around searching for food in their city -or sticking up their neighbors. If they don't get blown away doing crimes locally, they will be unable to get out to where you live because they'd have to walk. Ain't happening.

I live 35 mi north of Phoenix and the chances of folks having the resources to head up this way will be few and far between. They'll be busy sticking up folks trying to escape on the Interstate out of town. Those folks will run out of gas.

I have a "friend" who has a neighbor back in a suburb of DC. This neighbor works at Ft Meade, MD. For those of you who don't know what Ft Meade is, that is where the Congress and President will be rushed to to take their places in hardened underground facilities. This neighbor is a contractor engineer with the DoD.

My friend is a "gunny" and is usually in his garage either re-loading ammo, working on guns, or cleaning guns he just shot. The Engineer neighbor has never once indicated any interest in my friend's weapons. Until one day...

The neighbor calls my friend and asks if he could take an afternoon to help this neighbor shop for some firearms and ammo and then go out and give him some instruction on their use.

After buying a few pistols and shotguns, on the way out to the range my friend asks why all the rush to arm up. The neighbor tell my friend that the "chatter around the water cooler" at work has turned decidedly "defensive." Under threat of a potential missile attack on DC, the "gamers" had built a scenario that indicated the freeways would become a huge linear parking lot as more and more cars ran out of gas and clogged the path. The whole widely accepted concept of "bugging out" was deemed suicidal and the preferred alternative was to hunker down for up to two to three weeks at home and then venture out when it was much safer.

Now, this friend of mine heard it from his neighbor directly, first hand. A month later, I am in Denver, and I run across another friend who tells me the exact same story he has received from a close military friend of his. I cut him off and finish the story. He says, "You have heard it too."

This was six years ago when it looked like Israel and Iran were about to go at it over plutonium enrichment. Israel is closer to that aim now than it was then. Netanyahu, in his speech to the joint session of Congress in March, said they will not allow Iran to get the bomb because it means suicide to Israel. He said that Iran could have enough material to construct a bomb by Fall. That means if Israel is going to strike Iran, it will be before Fall. Fall starts the month after next. A strike on Iran could trigger the missile attack and an attempt at an EMP attack on the Eastern Seaboard. I sure hope not but this I do know: The current administration has refused to spend the paltry $500 million it would cost to harden our nation's electrical infrastructure. Makes you ask, "Why?"

No one hopes he is more wrong on this subject that me. I just know I sleep better knowing I have a few options, meager though they may be.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Funny you should mention the grid. Several years ago the power company was wanting to run SUPER high voltage lines across our area. And town meeting were every week it seemed I went to one and asked a simple question.
If this power grid was supplying power to a major portion of the east coast along the ocean and the older grid was to be removed from service and taken down.
Was the power company going to have armed guards along this grid to protect the towers.

I got some really funny looks from the reps of the power company, all of which were young electrical engineers, and was asked why would we do that.
Simple you have several grid networks supplying power to the same area you want to run ONE grid into. If one of the older grids goes out there is still power to a major portion of the east coast, if this new one grid net work goes out, you lost the whole thing!
At that you could see the lights come on behind the blank eyes or these young reps. I don't know if my one question had anything at all to do with it but the power company pull plans for the single high power grid

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Insightful post on Jade Helm goings-on in Texas by a retired Colonels wife. Hopefully, what we hear is more hype than truth. Having lived in Texas for a few years, I know first hand how those folks don't put up with any BS, especially from the federal government.

I was getting a haircut one day and I asked my barber about the Chevy Suburban commercials on TV. "How come they call the Suburban the National Car Of Texas?" He stopped cutting hair and looked at me like the out-of-towner transplant I was and said, "Cause we USED to be our own COUNTRY, you knucklehead!"

http://www.newswithviews.com/Devvy/kidd683.htm

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
A slightly lengthy, but excellent primer on the use of Martial Law. The short of it is simply this: The Federal Government cannot impose it because they have no power to do so. Doing so by the Feds or the President is essentially treasonous and will justifiably trigger armed rebellion by the civilian populous and most likely the military -or the parts of it left who take their oaths seriously. The only "legal application" is upon activation of legal militias who watch over their own communities, something we have all but lost in this era because there are few legal militias in existence across the country. That is something the author suggests we need to change.

http://www.newswithviews.com/Vieira/edwin198.htm

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
What if....a frek'n terrorist lives close enough to you that you could hit his house with a golf ball with strong driver swing, maybe a second shot with a wedge. :eek::mad: Terrorist aren't always in big cities folks, we are a small town. You'll see it all over the news this evening. The story was broke by a local news organization on July 4th, but everyone was kept in the dark until today. Check out http://www.iberkshires.com there a three article about it.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yup hes a wack job, and his defense will cop some kind of insanity plea and he wonders off through the grounds picking flowers plotting his next adventure. And we have to pay for it all

sawmill

Equipment
bx24 backhoe/fel, 48" Bush mower
Nov 16, 2014
ione, washington
"NoFlaggingChallenge" dares people to tear down others' Confederate flags

NAACP wants removal of Confederate generals from Stone Mountain.
STONE MOUNTAIN, Ga.

The Atlanta chapter of the NAACP officially called for the elimination of all symbols of the Confederacy from Stone Mountain.
NAACP's Richard Rose says the time to move is now, but admits it may be a steep slope to climb.
The organization issued a statement calling for the removal of all symbols of the Confederacy from the park.
"My tax dollars should not be used to commemorate slavery,"*Rose said.*
Rose said his group wants Confederate symbols removed from all state-owned buildings, parks and lands.**
Rose told Petersen he would start with Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee*and Stonewall Jackson.
"Those guys need to go. They can be sand-blasted off, or somebody could carefully remove a slab of that and auction it off to the highest bidder," Rose said.*

We best keep our guns loaded. I think a civil war is just around the corner.
The ignorant liberals don't understand when "enough is enough." I guess next they'll want to change the names of all the state's that fought for the confederacy.

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
"NoFlaggingChallenge" dares people to tear down others' Confederate flags.

That sounds like a good way to get a tresspassing charge, theft charge, or just plain shot depending on where the flag is :rolleyes:

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
That sounds like a good way to get a tresspassing charge, theft charge, or just plain shot depending on where the flag is :rolleyes:
I love how people condone illegal behaviors to try to prevent completely legal behavior. I'm not a confederate flag flyer or anything, and I'd be upset if any of my government buildings were flying the confederate flag, but this is the USA. If an individual would like to fly a flag, then what business is it of anybody else? If there were a movement to remove rainbow flags representing LGBT (or whatever the current acronym is) there would be absolute hell to pay.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I love how people condone illegal behaviors to try to prevent completely legal behavior. I'm not a confederate flag flyer or anything, and I'd be upset if any of my government buildings were flying the confederate flag, but this is the USA. If an individual would like to fly a flag, then what business is it of anybody else? If there were a movement to remove rainbow flags representing LGBT (or whatever the current acronym is) there would be absolute hell to pay.
I have to agree 100% :D hell, I've been trying to get my daughter to apply for the american negro college fund, and then sue them for discrimination because she was turned down do to the color of her skin. If it's worked for other races then why not!!!!!. Daughter refused and said my wife and I weren't right :rolleyes: I think my middle son is just enough of an a-hole to actually do it :D
My wife said that they should pull "The Jeffersons" from tv since they use the word "honky". It is the same thing as what they are doing with the flag. But since it is apparently the wrong color being racist, it doesn't count.

Personally I feel that an a-hole is an a-hole. Doesn't matter what color there skin is, sexual preference, religion, or beliefs. And too many people are thin skinned and looking for something or someone else to blame there problems on. Instead of looking in the mirror and realising that most of the issue is right there looking back at them :mad:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
And too many people are thin skinned and looking for something or someone else to blame there problems on. Instead of looking in the mirror and realising that most of the issue is right there looking back at them :mad:
Now this is a statement that hits the nail on the proverbial head!!! It is always amazing that those who DO nothing want less to do and more "free" stuff.

I have been with Habitat for Humanity here in the local chapter for a couple of years....you would think that every person that "wants" a "nice home" would jump at the chance.....

being on the selection committee you would think the pile of applicants would be endless......o hell no - WE have to work harder than they do to fill the damn thing out.....then if you get someone that wants and fills out the application, you go to their current place of residence and find $60,000 worth of cars in front of the shack they live in. They write down that 2 people live in the current house and find 4 bedrooms full of "people"

I too am tired of the political correctness and all the other "gay" stuff making headlines.......like you should be rewarded for being ......"off" the normal path!

on another topic....minimum wage......lets see - if I went to trade school to teach fish to talk - I would not expect to have a multimillion dollar deal waiting for me when I gradumacate!

those who flip burgers - ought to get paid......minimum WAGE due to the process of work that went into the learning to flip those burgers......and now california (the most !@#$ state in the union) passes a bill to increase MW to $15 and hour.....WOW - thats gonna make me bust my but to work harder to get ahead.......

ok - Daren got me stirred up!:) ........

as I tell my kids in class , two kinds of people in the world - "those that watch and those that do" and more times than not - those that watch will end up making less than those that do (work)

I hope our next president has a moral compass and a heading that is 180 degrees from going straight to hell!

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
I hope our next president has a moral compass and a heading that is 180 degrees from going straight to hell!
I would be happy with 120 degrees. But you know we'll end up with about a 15 degree change..

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I would be happy with 120 degrees. But you know we'll end up with about a 15 degree change..

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
damn aint that the truth too.......they promise you the gold mine and all we get is the shaft stuck sideways up our........