what diesel additives do you use?

zbhover

Equipment
B2620, 60" MMM
Jun 14, 2014
Glasford IL
www.zbcreations.com
I am near Peoria and just got my B2620 last spring/summer. I run only non bio diesel and used the Power Service silver bottle all last year until it got cold and then switched to the white bottle. I haven't had a single problem and I just hit 45hrs this afternoon spreading gravel.

I had to spend over $600 last year, October for a complete fuel system cleaning of L 3800 with only 70 hours on it. Algae was determined to be the cause of tractor sputtering and shutting off during operation. (First season of owning)

With this said, can someone please advise on what they believe is the best additive to use. I keep a 5 gallon diesel container full for use after every time I've used by Kubota. I've placed a picture below on the different additives I've purchased and wanted the opinion of the OTT members. Dealer said that the climate here in Illinois last year...for some reason, caused the Algae to be extra tough on diesel fuel. Thanks.

PWM3rd

Equipment
L3800; Landpride RCR1260; BB1260; GS15; RB15; Titan PForks; PTB;
Jan 24, 2014
Central Illinois
I am near Peoria and just got my B2620 last spring/summer. I run only non bio diesel and used the Power Service silver bottle all last year until it got cold and then switched to the white bottle. I haven't had a single problem and I just hit 45hrs this afternoon spreading gravel.
Where do you buy "non" bio diesel? I've heard of bio diesel and "red" diesel but non bio? I am near Springfield Illinois. Thanks for input on this subject.

zbhover

Equipment
B2620, 60" MMM
Jun 14, 2014
Glasford IL
www.zbcreations.com
I can get it at the Macdonald Shell on Allen road in the north end of peoria or the Macdonald Shell in East Peoria, and there might be a couple others around here too. It looks like this Freedom in Springfield might?

Freedom
Bachman Dr. (near 3975 N. Dirksen Pky.),
Springfield, IL 62702
217-528-9528

Where do you buy "non" bio diesel? I've heard of bio diesel and "red" diesel but non bio? I am near Springfield Illinois. Thanks for input on this subject.

Dieselbob

Equipment
BX 2230, LA211 loader, 60â€￾ MMM, 2â€￾ wheel spacers, grille guard, gauges, bucket e
Nov 17, 2014
Fort Wayne IN
I am a Power Service user too, both the white and the silver bottle. I pour it into my fuel can, then add the fuel to help mix it good, and to be sure that any leftover fuel sitting around is also treated. No more fuel than I use, the cost of the additive is so small you can hardly calculate it. If it prevents one issue, it will have paid for itself about a hundred times over, and so far, at 600 hours, I have had zero problems. I will also say that the pump shop that deal with and trust recommends Stanadyne, and if and when I need to buy more additive, I will likely use that, but I have a rather large stock of the PS to use up first. I will also say that at my employer, we do NOT treat our fuel for our 250+ truck fleet, except during the winter months, when we add an antigel product to our holding tanks. The ONLY problem we EVER have is with trucks that get fuel from other sources on the road. Our home only fueled trukcs NEVER gel up. It may also be worth noting that each of our two facilities pump in excess of 15,000 gallons of fuel per week, so the fuel never has a chance to sit around and get old. Old fuel can get you in trouble.

eddiebob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680, JD 40
Mar 23, 2014
Poplarville, Mississippi
What diesel additives do you use?

2 diesel tractors, a Dodge diesel truck, and a Mercedes diesel sedan all get a dose of Stanadyne every time fuel is added. Two reasons. 3 different diesel mechanics suggested it and Stanadyne is the only company that sells additives as well as fuel injection equipment.

PWM3rd

Equipment
Jan 24, 2014
Central Illinois
I am a Power Service user too, both the white and the silver bottle. I pour it into my fuel can, then add the fuel to help mix it good, and to be sure that any leftover fuel sitting around is also treated. No more fuel than I use, the cost of the additive is so small you can hardly calculate it. If it prevents one issue, it will have paid for itself about a hundred times over, and so far, at 600 hours, I have had zero problems. I will also say that the pump shop that deal with and trust recommends Stanadyne, and if and when I need to buy more additive, I will likely use that, but I have a rather large stock of the PS to use up first. I will also say that at my employer, we do NOT treat our fuel for our 250+ truck fleet, except during the winter months, when we add an antigel product to our holding tanks. The ONLY problem we EVER have is with trucks that get fuel from other sources on the road. Our home only fueled trukcs NEVER gel up. It may also be worth noting that each of our two facilities pump in excess of 15,000 gallons of fuel per week, so the fuel never has a chance to sit around and get old. Old fuel can get you in trouble.
DieselBob....Do you use both white and silver bottle PS with specified amounts at the same time for mixing your diesel? Just curious if you use depending on season..one product for summer, one product for winter?

bh115577

Equipment
2004 BX 2200, FEL, 60" MMM
Mar 5, 2015
Central NY
Oct 8, 2014
oregon
Almost, I thought it was all, diesel (red or not) and heating oil contains 5% bio diesel. I believe it's mandated as is ethanol. There's a station here that sells B20, it was 1.99 a while back.

Mike of Southern IL

Equipment
2014 Kubota L3200 HST 4-WD, FEL,
Jun 17, 2014
Pocahontas, IL USA
I have to throw in my support for Power Service to. Been using it in my 2000 F-250 since I've owned it and now my 2014 L-3200. This winter had me a little worried about the tractor starting when I need it to plow snow but it fired right up after sitting for 7 weeks. Our first major snow brought with it very cold temps also. It was a relief since I didn't have a block heater or a trickle charger on the battery.

Dieselbob

Equipment
BX 2230, LA211 loader, 60â€￾ MMM, 2â€￾ wheel spacers, grille guard, gauges, bucket e
Nov 17, 2014
Fort Wayne IN
DieselBob....Do you use both white and silver bottle PS with specified amounts at the same time for mixing your diesel? Just curious if you use depending on season..one product for summer, one product for winter?
I use whichever one is correct for the season, and I always add the recommended amount. I wrote the amount to treat five gallons right on my fuel can, and I have a nice little plastic measuring beaker I use to measure it out. When my dad's pickup was diesel, he did the same thing. he kept a bottle of additive and the measuring cup behind the seat, and would dump in the right amount before sticking the fuel nozzle in the tank. That went out the window when the old 6.2 broke a valve retainer, dropped the valve, exploded a piston, and the top end of the connecting rod windowed the block inside and out. When you crawl under the truck and can SEE the camshaft through the holes in the block, you know the game is over. 350 gas powered now.

PWM3rd

Equipment
Jan 24, 2014
Central Illinois
Picked this up at Kubota Dealer...anyone ever use this product or have opinion of it? This came recommended from them. Thanks.

Attachments