What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
The drill is a Hougen magnetic drill and the hole saw is an old Makita from a set I bought at Costco about 20 years ago or more.
I used my cutting torch, after drilling a 3/16" hole, making the cut easier to start, probably subjecting the fork to less overall heat. I'm impressed with your hole saw work though, but I've used them enough when drilling well casing for pitless adapters, (hadheld 1/2 drill, down in a hole, awkward as heck, not fun) and if it isn't for a critical fit like that I just use my torch.

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I used my cutting torch, after drilling a 3/16" hole, making the cut easier to start, probably subjecting the fork to less overall heat. I'm impressed with your hole saw work though, but I've used them enough when drilling well casing for pitless adapters, (hadheld 1/2 drill, down in a hole, awkward as heck, not fun) and if it isn't for a critical fit like that I just use my torch.
With a hole saw in good condition it would have gone a lot faster. I certainly got my money's worth out of that hole saw. I don't know what grade of steel the tines are made from, but I'm betting that it's a high carbon steel. It was easy to drill the pilot hole though. I need to get more (greater variety) of Hougen cutting tools since those things go through steel like it's plastic.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I drove the M6060 about 3 miles to the local dealer this morning so that they can get the Land Pride folding cutter RC3712 set up. It was cold, wet and nasty as I headed off along 2 miles of dirt road. The dealer has a hot water pressure washer so I used it to clean up the tractor before getting a ride home.

Hopefully the weather is nicer this Thursday for the trip back. I'll be pulling the cutter so don't want to have it covered in mud before I've even used it to cut a field.

Out of interest, the owners manuals gives the top speed as 18mph in 4 high and I would agree with that.

m6060_mud_1.jpg

m6060_mud_2.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
We get the chalk from a local limestone mine in Georgia. Maybe they also ship it over there and have to put the label on all the bags?
Common sense would tell you, it’s not good to breathe powdered rock dust, but that ain’t so common anymore.
Like 1911, I was cutting, grinding and welding mostly all day Friday, not a mask in sight. Maybe I don’t have any common sense either!
Common sense has no place in California.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
My 1st try cutting the grass with the flail mower. Let's just say it was a learning experience :)

It has been raining a lot this spring and the area of the lawn that I replanted last year is growing like hell. I cut it on the weekend about 10 days ago and we were away until yesterday. OMG it's a jungle.

I like to keep it about 4" tall but yesterday it was easily twice that. Another few days and I could bale it. Anyway, its supposed to rain again tomorrow - it rained Sat & Sun. I knew it had to be cut today. I had been using my Ego electric mower for the new area, about 40' wide by 150' long. No hope for that now. The flail it is.

I had only used the flail in the woods before. I adjusted the skid shoes to give me the highest cut. Ahhh that was the problem, the shoes. After I did a couple of passes (on the whole lawn) I realized the shoes were rutting it up really well. After that it was 'adjust the 3 point height so the mower was just off the ground.

Its a work in progress. I am actually wondering if I need the shoes on with that big drum rolling on the ground.

And I always bitched that the lawn guy was rutting things up with his zero turns :)

1715115196200.png

Reactions: 3 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I mowed like everyone in the northeast today……lawn is growing like mad and it’s dry and sunny today.

Came across a deadfall in our woods next door. Looks like a Red (soft) Maple.

Pileated Woodpeckers have been busy on it.

Looks impressive, but really didn’t pull hard. While maple is pretty heavy, isn’t very big and getting soft.

I’ll block it up for bonfire wood this summer.

IMG_6804.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, L3902 HST, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872
Oct 14, 2023
bc
I drove the M6060 about 3 miles to the local dealer this morning so that they can get the Land Pride folding cutter RC3712 set up. It was cold, wet and nasty as I headed off along 2 miles of dirt road. The dealer has a hot water pressure washer so I used it to clean up the tractor before getting a ride home.

Hopefully the weather is nicer this Thursday for the trip back. I'll be pulling the cutter so don't want to have it covered in mud before I've even used it to cut a field.

Out of interest, the owners manuals gives the top speed as 18mph in 4 high and I would agree with that.

View attachment 127745

View attachment 127746
Hope those aren't before and after pictures!:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
I don't recall the brand, but I'm real happy with it. It's serrated jaws close tight, on even small things, they fit about perfect. Using the FEL curl function, I can move something from past vertical, to past horizontal, it took me a while to realize it's many uses. I pulled all the sage brush on 40 acres with it a few years ago, pulled up a lot of steel fence posts, plant railroad ties, etc. I'm not near it now, I'll try to remember to see if i can find a maker label on it next time. View attachment 127721
That type of fence sure looks pretty. Any reason that that type fence is used up in that part of the country?
Looks like it can be moved with some effort.
How does one like this compare price wise to barbed wire.

BonnySlope

Equipment
BX2380 FEL Add-A-Grapple, Titan 48" Box scraper, 60" Rake, 72" Rear Blade, Flail
Apr 11, 2021
NW Oregon
What is the attachment you have on there, Does it just grasp vertical or does it rotate?

Bill
If flyidaho has got back to you yet, heres one I googled. It looks like a nifty DIY, if your handy, maybe a side shift on your forks, or at lease the frame. It is a nice design. Post and tree pull_Titon_DIY.PNG

Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Nothing much .... the usual stuff like remove a 500lb motor off the boat and move the boat around.

mx6000_f150xb.jpg

mx6000_robalo_r200.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
If flyidaho has got back to you yet, heres one I googled. It looks like a nifty DIY, if your handy, maybe a side shift on your forks, or at lease the frame. It is a nice design. View attachment 127884
Thanks BonnySlope! It looks with the steps like it is for a skidsteer. I tried making something to pull saplings years ago for my 3pt on a the 8N but that didn't work out. That on the 3 pt would have!
Bill

BonnySlope

Equipment
BX2380 FEL Add-A-Grapple, Titan 48" Box scraper, 60" Rake, 72" Rear Blade, Flail
Apr 11, 2021
NW Oregon

TonyinTexas

Equipment
L4060 with loader, backhoe, box blade
Nov 7, 2023
Texas
Nice looking project, and the protection against hydraulic effect of your small waterfall step.
Is that a flash flood, with high run off on a stream running house to assist it water control.
Just guessing, what is your water works project.
Thanks, It's a pond and pump feeding the falls and stream. I have a 30x30x5ft upflow bog for filtration near the house. Then there's that first fall (the smaller one)

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I got a ride to the local dealer this morning to pick up the new Land Pride folding cutter which was ready to go. After the sales manager had gone through the features and operation it was an easy and uneventful 3 mile drive home with one stop for a photo.

When I got home, I did a quick test run and this thing is awesome. It'll turn on a dime but I have to convince myself that the rear tires or lift arms won't contact the cutter when making a sharp turn. There's always a learning curve.

m6060_rc3712_01.jpg

m6060_rc3712_02.jpg

m6060_rc3712_03.jpg

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 12 users