What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

sjd50575

Equipment
L4740 HSTC
Dec 1, 2015
Elk Mound, WI
Cleared the driveway. -11F tractor needed a boost, 10 years time for new battery finally I think. Any thoughts on going with wet vs agm vs gel?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Split some wood today, it was 11F. The L3901DT started right up and idled itself up to around 1,200 RPMs and stayed there for a while.

This is the butt log from a tree I cut down yesterday, it is a little over 21" across.

I had a heck of a time getting the log splitter started. I used a propane torch to warm the block up and it finally started.

Attachments

dalola

Equipment
BX2380 w/FEL & Woods RM48 RFM, Yazoo/Kees Max2 ZTR
Jun 30, 2017
Ohio
Got about 4" of snow yesterday, so of course I HAD to get the BX out to clear the driveway.....no way my F150 would make it out with 4" on the ground! :p

Good chance to play, actually, and use my urethane snow edge I put on the FEL. I must say, once again, the little BX was a pleasure. The R4's did better than expected, and the urethane worked great on the blacktop, with the FEL in float mode, scraped it off pretty clean. Sure beats the snow shovel & walk-behind snow blower. :cool:

I did notice the engine never really made it normal temp. It was about 15F yesterday, and I ran about an hour at 2-2500 rpm. I think I will make some kind of "wrap" to seal off the outer radiator air screen to see if that helps.

So, one more thing to love about my little BX! :)

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Greased the old tractor today and box bladed the driveway.
This weather is about crazy, first week of January and 50 degrees.
Only two measurable snowfalls the entire season and none of them
amounted to more than an inch. Last month Denver was going 65 days
straight with no measurable snowfall (66 was the record) until they got
a quarter inch at DIA, since then nothing.

Going to be a scary fire season, and an early one :eek:

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Greased the old tractor today and box bladed the driveway.
This weather is about crazy, first week of January and 50 degrees.
Only two measurable snowfalls the entire season and none of them
amounted to more than an inch. Last month Denver was going 65 days
straight with no measurable snowfall (66 was the record) until they got
a quarter inch at DIA, since then nothing.

Going to be a scary fire season, and an early one :eek:
Happened to drive in from Fort Collins that morning to DIA to catch a flight back to Arkansas :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
WHEEEW, Them there blizzard conditions ! LOL :rolleyes:
They are here :p:p It becomes mass hysteria and panic if someone see's a snow flake :eek:

I saw my first snow of the season :D Too bad I didn't get to really see the area except for the trip to and from the airport. The rest of the time I was getting to work before daylight and leaving work after dark. Didn't see much other then street lights and porch lights. It got back up above freezing here. Supposed to have freezing rain tomorrow. Wished it would be all snow instead. I'm one of those crazy folks that likes massive amounts of snow :D

Last edited:

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Playing with everything right now in this wonderful minus 40*C/F weather. Did the main driveway with the Polaris (fast) and then all the turn around areas with the Kubota. Both start no problem in this cold. These two machines have never let me down.

Then hauling snow at night for the city in my Western Star under the snow blower.

Attachments

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Got 8 trees dropped and cut up today with high temp of 15. Finally got to use the new 42" pellet forks on the B2650 for the logs and brush. Worked great! All 8 trees done in approx 3.5 hours. That would've taken twice as long with my old BX23.

It was a great day. The dog sure was cold out there with me.

Blondie70

Equipment
L2501DT('18)L2501('15)
Aug 6, 2016
Poplarville, MS
Nice looking firearms there, Lil Foot. Bet you had some fun shooting. I need to get out there and pop some caps myself....I think a camo towel would do the job ...ha ha ha ha ha

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Nice looking firearms there, Lil Foot. Bet you had some fun shooting. I need to get out there and pop some caps myself....I think a camo towel would do the job ...ha ha ha ha ha
You're right, but not mine, actually. I just rotated the pic from Doctor481, post #3992.

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
51 here today - a far cry from the sub zero weather we've been having. I haven't run the tractor for a while and the tank is full of fresh diesel. I plugged the block heater in for a couple of hours, gave it good glow and she started right up. Went for a 2 mile ride, hooked up the back blade, moved some snow then topped off the tank with Diesel 911.

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
Mike9, its advisable to only use the 911 IF you gel up...but you can use Power Systems fuel supplement (or other brands) to PREVENT it from gelling...and to lubricate the injectors and pump and so on.

911 can cause damage if used often or consistently. Its not designed to be used as a preventative.