What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
In the process of demoing an old chicken coop. for small tractor (b2620) it amazes me what it will do. A few more lifts and pushes it will be on the ground.......oops flat tire repair first.
Oh my, I've gotta applaud your ambition! Trying to push it over into the trash can makes me think of The Little Engine That Could. :D

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well mowing today I managed to brake tear off the rounded part under the mower deck on an old grape vine root, you know the part that goes around the blade and deflects the grass toward the chute. SO now I have to remove the deck load it into the truck and take it little brother to weld back on,,,grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Alexisferos

Equipment
L-1501 DT
Oct 24, 2013
Greece
Your mower does a good job. Was that the first time you mowed it? Now do you need to rake it, or will the mulch be good for your trees?
Yes that was the first time i mowed that field, and i dont need to rake it,
i mowed it for the mulch yes and just clean the surface, but also to brake some rocks that they are in the surface.
the chains hit the rocks to the metal body of the mower and they brake to smaller ones..

the olive trees they dont need too much protection, just to are clean and some pruning.

Tallahassee Kubota Man

Equipment
M5140HD/LA1153/LandPride RCF2072/DirtDog disc/RakeMaster grapple/Caroni tiller
Well mowing today I managed to brake tear off the rounded part under the mower deck on an old grape vine root, you know the part that goes around the blade and deflects the grass toward the chute. SO now I have to remove the deck load it into the truck and take it little brother to weld back on,,,grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Skeets, are you talking about the baffles underneath? I've got an old zero turn with nearly non existent baffles. Whoever had it before me must have been mowing sand. :rolleyes:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Skeets, are you talking about the baffles underneath? I've got an old zero turn with nearly non existent baffles. Whoever had it before me must have been mowing sand. :rolleyes:
Could have let there kids use it :rolleyes: if it was like my old cub cadet, my son would knock something off the deck every bloody time he would use it :mad: deck was more weld then anything else. I finally ended up going over every weld and building up the inside surface of the deck by running beads across it with the welder and then grinding it flat to harden it up some more. Didn't tell him about it. Next time he caught the deck on something, he almost lost his teeth :D

Tallahassee Kubota Man

Equipment
Could have let there kids use it :rolleyes: if it was like my old cub cadet, my son would knock something off the deck every bloody time he would use it :mad: deck was more weld then anything else. I finally ended up going over every weld and building up the inside surface of the deck by running beads across it with the welder and then grinding it flat to harden it up some more. Didn't tell him about it. Next time he caught the deck on something, he almost lost his teeth :D
Maybe I got lucky and had no sons....only daughters. Does remind me of what my youngest daughter did. While I was at work she decided she'd do some riding up and down the road with my lawn mower. She ran out of fuel (gas) just outside the garage. There was a fuel can in the garage.....only problem it was diesel! We laugh about it now, but not on that day. :D
My deck itself is in good shape. The baffles are very ragged with most of it gone. It looks like a combination of sand/dirt mowing and hitting a few roots. I'm wondering if I can cut what's left off and have some sheet metal welded back. How hard would that be?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
It's not that hard. Main issue is just getting the bends right :D Boys are easier then the girls, as long as they don't lose there heads during puberty :) I used to call my daughter "the rabid she beast" from the age of 14 till 18 :rolleyes: She was proud of, and lived up to that nick name :rolleyes:

Tallahassee Kubota Man

Equipment
It's not that hard. Main issue is just getting the bends right :D Boys are easier then the girls, as long as they don't lose there heads during puberty :) I used to call my daughter "the rabid she beast" from the age of 14 till 18 :rolleyes: She was proud of, and lived up to that nick name :rolleyes:
Sounds pretty much like my youngest daughter..............her head was lost from 16-20. :D

kdpearson

Equipment
Kubota L345DT, Kubota M4500DT, International 544, Ford 3000, 1949 8N Ford
May 5, 2015
Albany, OR
This one is set up to do 8 bales. It is an old Farmhand loader I found on Craigslist for $200. Had a bunch of repairs to do but was the best $200 I ever spent.
Right now the family pulls bales togetber in blocks of 4 then I grab them and put 'em together. I will get a video in a couple days.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Mowed the yard today. Managed to get finished just before a big ol Thunder storm hit :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
ShaunBlake, go on youtube and in the search put square baling with accumulator. It has about anything you want to watch, cool stuff.

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
ShaunBlake, go on youtube and in the search put square baling with accumulator. It has about anything you want to watch, cool stuff.
Thank you!

Seeing kdpearson's loadetmade me remember the summer I was 15, and wanted to "help out" the crew that was baling & storing granny's hay. I was fairly fit, had been playing football a year or so, and could only toss the bales onto the trailer, not to the third tier they needed to be thrown. The hired hands weren't any bigger or more athletic, just stronger and much more experienced; the ones my age had been doing real work for at least a couple of years. Of course they kidded me, but not bad. It was a real eyre-opener to me!

Fond memories, coupled with some important lessons.

Tallahassee Kubota Man

Equipment
Mowed 3.5 hrs this afternon in this N Florida heat. 95 degrees, feels like 100+ with humidity. A canopy fan is worth it's weight in gold. Bahia grass is growing a couple of inches a week which is good for us commercial cutters. Too bad grass doesn't grow like this during the cooler months. :D