What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Me me me mine mine mine bigger bigger better and more expensive than your inferior blade! RCW you did it now folks are gonna talk about ya! Iffin your gonna roll with the big boys you gotta go expensive! LOL! Its not a bull dozer blade! He's using it to plow snow! And on a BX mind you! It will work perfectly fine and is made of some quite stout material. I haven't bent mine pushing snow yet! Oh brother where is that roll eyes smile? :rolleyes:
I guess you missinterpreted my comments about the Speeco, and King kutter blades.
To put it simply: They are both junk compared to the EA blade.
From my viewpoint, the issue has absolutely nothing to do with either being bigger or more expensive!
It is about ease of use, and design/build quality!
EA (+Rhino?+ Land Pride?+Dirt Dog?) wins....hands down!:sneaky:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Me me me mine mine mine bigger bigger better and more expensive than your inferior blade! RCW you did it now folks are gonna talk about ya! Iffin your gonna roll with the big boys you gotta go expensive! LOL! Its not a bull dozer blade! He's using it to plow snow! And on a BX mind you! It will work perfectly fine and is made of some quite stout material. I haven't bent mine pushing snow yet! Oh brother where is that roll eyes smile? :rolleyes:
Thank you for pointing out just several of my many faults!
Even at 81 years old, I frequently learn from people like you!

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Soil line repair today...
dirtydeed - -

I’ve been around crews that do your kind of thing for many, many years.

You’ve got the best lookin’, best-dressed fashion plate-type crew I’ve ever seen! 👍😎🤓

I think of 30 years ago, guy with a septic pump-truck doing a tank. Had the suction hose down the tank in one had; and a bologna sandwich in the other. Chomping away at that puppy.

He wasn’t dressed as nice, either!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Drilled new back blade for a pipe stand.

Am painting stand parts black… hopefully I’ll remember to raise/lower if a contrasting color.

For what it’s worth, Caterpillar Yellow looks close. Don’t know why I have it, but was on the shelf. Had the Black also.

90D953FE-52B3-42D1-A8A8-E1127513A029.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Had my rear finish mower dropped of from the dealer. Wish it came 3 months ago but everything is out of order. They got rear blades, mowers, and tillers a few days ago. At least they will be ready for spring😀

20211020_174159.jpg

I may give it a test run this weekend if it isn't raining.

Reactions: 2 users

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Lx2610 Cab, Fel, Backhoe, Grapple, Box Grader, Forks
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
Had my rear finish mower dropped of from the dealer. Wish it came 3 months ago but everything is out of order. They got rear blades, mowers, and tillers a few days ago. At least they will be ready for spring😀

View attachment 68245

I may give it a test run this weekend if it isn't raining.
You can always use it to chop up some leaves for the fall time lol

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
dirtydeed - -

I’ve been around crews that do your kind of thing for many, many years.

You’ve got the best lookin’, best-dressed fashion plate-type crew I’ve ever seen! 👍😎🤓

I think of 30 years ago, guy with a septic pump-truck doing a tank. Had the suction hose down the tank in one had; and a bologna sandwich in the other. Chomping away at that puppy.

He wasn’t dressed as nice, either!
Thanks...I guess . It could be because my wife is the GM of the company (but, she didn't pick out those new blues) ;)? I'm only a hired hand pinch-hitter trying to do their "in-house" digs for them when I can. I have a real (desk :() job besides this so, I only do the smaller, less difficult one-day jobs for them. It saves them some dollars doing them internally rather than having to pay subs. And I try to leave the jobs looking better than any of the subs would. I see that as a reflection on the company, and again...the wife/GM thing.

But, thanks for the kind words. I just hope that it's not too many pictures to post that it becomes nauseating. I'm only trying to show some examples of what you can accomplish with "small" machines.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
No pics, partially so as not to offend. Bow season on white tails opened a few weeks ago here. Dad still enjoys the process with the cameras, feeding, etc. and can still use the crossbow. He gets them on the ground and I get them up and process them as he’s past that part of it. We split the meat so works out for both of us.

The loader on the Kubota has made retrieval from remote corners of the property much easier than the pre-Kubota process of either wrestling onto a 4 wheeler and strapping down; or tying on the pond scoop behind the 9N and brake steering with the front wheels off the ground and the pond scoop dragging on the steep trails coming back from the hinterlands where the wild things live. Now just slide them in the bucket and the hydraulics do the lifting. No straps needed. No front wheels in the air.

Two so far this year. Might be enough with just three of us here. Will see after the second one is all vacuum packed this weekend. If it isn’t enough plenty of time left in the season.

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
No pics, partially so as not to offend. Bow season on white tails opened a few weeks ago here. Dad still enjoys the process with the cameras, feeding, etc. and can still use the crossbow. He gets them on the ground and I get them up and process them as he’s past that part of it. We split the meat so works out for both of us.

The loader on the Kubota has made retrieval from remote corners of the property much easier than the pre-Kubota process of either wrestling onto a 4 wheeler and strapping down; or tying on the pond scoop behind the 9N and brake steering with the front wheels off the ground and the pond scoop dragging on the steep trails coming back from the hinterlands where the wild things live. Now just slide them in the bucket and the hydraulics do the lifting. No straps needed. No front wheels in the air.

Two so far this year. Might be enough with just three of us here. Will see after the second one is all vacuum packed this weekend. If it isn’t enough plenty of time left in the season.
A man who hunts will never starve to death 💪🏻

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Just greased the fel and grapple. Used the grapple yesterday in the rear woods to continue my cleanup there. I am removing large rocks and small trees to open the area up. The goal is to be able to box blade it all and really clean it up.

I have to laugh when I think how I did this same process in the woods in front of our house, before grapple. I used the bucket and box blade. It took so much longer to do the same work!

Coming up on 400 hours and big service. I have mixed feelings about doing it. On the one hand its fun to dig in and do it. On the other, when I acquired the tractor just a year ago it had 260 hours on the clock. The 1st thing I did was the 400 hour service to it. Although the previous owner claimed it was serviced regularly and I have seen no reason to doubt that, it just seemed like the right thing to do. Sort of starting from a known point. . .

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Thanks...I guess.

But, thanks for the kind words. I just hope that it's not too many pictures to post that it becomes nauseating. I'm only trying to show some examples of what you can accomplish with "small" machines.
Poking fun, but just a little. The work looks like it's done very well. Good on you guys. (y)

I enjoy the pics.

I have a friend since retired from dirt-work. He did everything with small Kubota TLB's 20+ years ago. He did lots of drainage work, water/sewer laterals, small fuel tanks, etc.

First time I was around a Kubota.

Don't recall Kubota models, but he could get places a Case 580 wouldn't go. TLB's were common back then, not many mini- or midi-excavators in use.

Hay Maker

Equipment
L4060le
Oct 4, 2021
Wet Mountain Valley
After growing up with JD and MF tractors, I recently purchased my first Kubota, an L4060 Cab Limited, then started adding things back including front and rear work lights, exterior mirrors, cruise control, stationary seat switch plus an AM/FM radio. It was all as easy as others have mentioned. Once you unbolt and raise the roof cap, the front work lights and radio install were a snap. I'm not sure if it's proper to mention specific dealerships on here, so let me just say that if all the Kubota parts people are as helpful and courteous as Michael B in Elizabethtown, PA, Kubota has a good thing going.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
A man who hunts will never starve to death 💪🏻
I used to hunt a lot. Still have all the tools.

Something I’ve learned since is a man that knows men that hunt usually does pretty okay too….😀

Especially if the hunter men aren’t fans of venison….🦌🍽🍴

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
I used to hunt a lot. Still have all the tools.

Something I’ve learned since is a man that knows men that hunt usually does pretty okay too….😀

Especially if the hunter men aren’t fans of venison….🦌🍽🍴
Couldn’t agree more. I dont Personally
Hunt, but my uncle owns a butcher shop lol.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Been trying to finish the stand for the back blade, but the guys in the paint shop are holding me up, big time….
image.jpg

Here is the paint shop….

BA90EC1B-A606-4302-B976-F9EF10C8E2B4.jpeg

The paint shop guys are me, myself, and I….talk about 3 Stooges…. :oops:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users