What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

saskydude

Equipment
B2601, FEL, BH70, HLA 1500, K54-22-06. PFL-1242
Nov 23, 2020
Saskatchewan, Canada
Installed rear PTO blower. Welder did have to come out to shorten the crank handle which was way too long. I can rest assured if I ever buy a quick hitch the handle will now be too short.

Runs smoothly when I tested it. Backing up without my leg knocking the loader joystick to 'dump' position will be challenging. This should guarantee no more snow for a few years.

I've bumped mine a few times. Now I just lock the FEL.

Reactions: 1 user

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Installed rear PTO blower. Welder did have to come out to shorten the crank handle which was way too long. I can rest assured if I ever buy a quick hitch the handle will now be too short.

Ran smoothly when I tested it. Backing up without my leg knocking the loader joystick to 'dump' position will be challenging. This should guarantee no more snow for a few years.
Sounds about right. I got mine and used it once so far... technically twice, but the second time was to clear a path in The backyard that’s Never been plowed

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada

Ran smoothly when I tested it. Backing up without my leg knocking the loader joystick to 'dump' position will be challenging. This should guarantee no more snow for a few years.

I had the opposite problem. Got a new blower and the dealer forgot I had a quick hitch and cut the pto shaft too short🤣 Picking up a replacement next week.

• Haha

FrozenOrange

Equipment
L3901HST, B7100
May 8, 2017
North Pole Alaska
I got a bit chilled at lunch when I did a couple quick passes but didn't dress appropriately. Will put on my insulated carharts and heavy boots when I go out in a couple hours. I was hoping the bright sun would solidify the loose snow, but no such luck since it is only 20 out. Got the drive opened but by the time I returned it was partially filled back in. I think I'm gonna have to get up before the wife leaves and do it again for her to get to work
I understand the getting cold. Early part of the week was -47f then it warmed up and snowed. Over the last 10 yrs I've been wearing Carhartt Arctic wear bibs and jacket with good insulated boots. Suffered for years especially using the 3 or blower. I got an Original Cab Company cab for my L3901 last fall. I love it this winters blowing and pushing is so much better. Best $1400 I've spent in a long time.

Reactions: 1 users

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
I understand the getting cold. Early part of the week was -47f then it warmed up and snowed. Over the last 10 yrs I've been wearing Carhartt Arctic wear bibs and jacket with good insulated boots. Suffered for years especially using the 3 or blower. I got an Original Cab Company cab for my L3901 last fall. I love it this winters blowing and pushing is so much better. Best $1400 I've spent in a long time.
May have to check that out for my B3200. The toy want list is long these days. Finishing up coffee and going to knock the drifts out of the drive cut today. Need to fill the bird feeders and get some corn out for the deer.

Irrigation Guy

Equipment
B2601
Dec 19, 2020
North East

I just used my blower fir the first time this week with the same tractor, I had to lock the loader control

FrozenOrange

Equipment
L3901HST, B7100
May 8, 2017
North Pole Alaska
May have to check that out for my B3200. The toy want list is long these days. Finishing up coffee and going to knock the drifts out of the drive cut today. Need to fill the bird feeders and get some corn out for the deer.
Dang thing comes with a glass windshield, windshield wipers, and they threw in a heater ( I mounted on right fender) Once you get operating it gets warm because heat rises of that huge warm transmission.
I try not to operate my machine much below zero because it takes so long to get hydraulics up to operating temps. I do an aweful lot of work between zero and freezing though.
Take it easy. I here the lower 48 is getting the cold weath

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Dang thing comes with a glass windshield, windshield wipers, and they threw in a heater ( I mounted on right fender) Once you get operating it gets warm because heat rises of that huge warm transmission.
I try not to operate my machine much below zero because it takes so long to get hydraulics up to operating temps. I do an aweful lot of work between zero and freezing though.
Take it easy. I here the lower 48 is getting the cold weath
Most of my winter is below zero except of course during the day when I’m stuck in my office and the sun is shining lol

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Got out and knocked back the drifts and widened the track a bit. Pulled the rear blade all the way to one side to help out a bit. At least I can see my drive now. Next round due in Sun through Tues

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
Got the BX out in the snow for the first time in 2 yrs. Didn’t even get enough snow last year to get the shovel out. Calling for substantial snow Sun-Tues.
22C1D644-0463-438F-AAB3-1E5D5E284341.jpeg

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
Only picture I could find right now. I’ll snap a couple along with some dimensions.
4825BD50-70D3-4FDC-8C7F-B9B5F3C8FBE8.jpeg

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
The Kubota was kind of a bit player but an important one today. Had a bit of freezing rain and we were right on the edge of enough to cause damage. When it started melting, even though it was still raining, went out to check the buildings and beehives to make sure no damage worthy of immediate attention. All was well except this one tree at the near end of the dam and
0504908C-79FF-4890-B138-0C3EC2681D68.jpeg
C6413A75-E4DE-4DCA-B48C-683D8F271A85.jpeg
the filter bucket on top of the pond drain had a turtle stuck in it, partially occluding the pipe. First thought was that might need to come out but it looks dead so being it’s a recovery, not a rescue, I can probably find a better day to get it out.

Then I got to thinking about the yellow cat incident a few years back. There was a big yellow cat that we’d see around once in a while; no clue who he belonged to, if anyone. Last time we saw him, sadly, he was floating dead as a door nail in the pond. Figured the fish and turtles would take care of disposal duties. Couple days later it was gone, so it all worked out. Of course if that was true I wouldn’t be typing this. About a week later, the pond level is about 6” over the drain pipe and rising. Nothing coming out of the tailpipe. Drain pipe is an iron 8” vertical pipe about 20’ long on the pond side with an L at the bottom and tailpipe running through the dam and out the back. Took the boat out to the drain pipe with a frog gig on a cobbled together 25’ pole. After rooting around in the pipe for a bit, started pulled chunks of something out and of course most of it had yellow cat hair on it. After about 30 minutes of blending, pulvering, and removing dead cat there was a sudden uncorking and we knew we were done. Checked the tail race by the tailpipe and sure enough there was about half a cat 20’ downstream. Now if we see some bloated dead animal floating in the pond, we shoot it with birdshot to perforate the guts so it will sink (release the gasses causing the buoyancy with enough holes to keep it from building up again).

Anyway, back to today. I didn’t care for a repeat of the cat issue with a turtle standing in for the cat. From a 100’ away couldn’t tell if it was too big for the carapace to get jammed in the pipe or not. So off to get the tractor to pull out the boat and launch into the pond. Turtle was dead and half rotten already. Popped him out with a paddle hoping he might sink but he floated like a cork. Didn’t bring a shotgun, so the scuttling via birdshot procedure wasn’t an option. He’s now ignominiously resting down below the wood lot in a gully that leads to the creek but NOT the pond.
F37E2050-EFFC-4684-8611-CC846251BA9C.jpeg

We’ll get the Kubota out again tomorrow to at least get the trail cleared if it will quit raining/sleeting/snowing for at least 30 minutes.

After removing the grapple following tomorrow’s tree removal, also need to put the forks on the front to get ready for the delivery of a PTO drive generator sometime Tuesday. I know PTO generators aren’t for everyone, but seems a good fit for us. Looking forward to having a better plan for power outages.

Reactions: 2 users

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
I was going to move some 60" long logs (firewood), but the tractor wouldn't start. The battery was to weak to turn it over fast enough to light up. Had to take the battery out of the tractor to charge, I don't have any outlet where the tractor is parked. Guess it is time for a new battery. I have had the tractor since Dec 2014, so I don't think that is too bad. By the time I got the battery back in and the tractor started it was to late to o anything.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Swapped the grapple for the bucket and got to snow blow this morning! Normally the BX gets the sleep in the garage.

8EC9AC3A-B299-4D5B-B256-32CF3F715287.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

Jriedy85

Equipment
B2710, TG1860
Jun 17, 2020
Ohio
Installed my FEL! Next I’m gonna remove the MMM so I can put the FEL to work In my woods. Picked up the FEL from a guy in Michigan for $1400. Frame was another $1000. And valve was $500 Not a bad pickup for $2900.
1954230E-790D-455A-AD02-AF48084C3C49.jpeg

Reactions: 7 users