What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Came across a Mr. Funnel at TSC for $20 - hadn't noticed them there before.

Know many here use them.

Worked good topping it off this morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Greased up all pivots etc.
Installed the hose new protector I got from Ken's Bolt-on Hooks.
This is a great addition as I run long hoses from the rear remote to the front mount implements and there are some chafe and rub spots on route that now won't be a problem.
Plus it is a velcro wrap style that you can install on the hoses in place.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Came across a Mr. Funnel at TSC for $20 - hadn't noticed them there before.

Know many here use them.

Worked good topping it off this morning!

Thanks for sharing RCW, gonna have to pick up a 2 pack.

Rodnok

Equipment
B7100hst, MMM, Box Scraper, FEL make unknown, adapted and resurrected from junk
Dec 28, 2015
chattanooga, tn
Got something like that in the barn but might be a bit hard to mount on the tractor:D

A piece of pvc pipe and 2 hose clamps. Attach pipe to rops with hose clamps. Slide pole saw into pvc pipe.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Thanks for sharing RCW, gonna have to pick up a 2 pack.
You bet, bear. Hadn't noticed them at TSC until yesterday.

I always thought "removes water?!?" - - that's BS...:confused:

The "stem" of the filter element is about 1" higher than the cup-shaped bottom - so the water would settle down there and not go in.

It sits in the fill-opening very well. I'm careful, but sometimes "stuff" blows/falls around when filling, etc. This should help.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
You bet, bear. Hadn't noticed them at TSC until yesterday.

I always thought "removes water?!?" - - that's BS...:confused:

The "stem" of the filter element is about 1" higher than the cup-shaped bottom - so the water would settle down there and not go in.

It sits in the fill-opening very well. I'm careful, but sometimes "stuff" blows/falls around when filling, etc. This should help.
Yes, after you posted I went on the web and checked them out. Could save a lot of problems over time.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Well either a wise or stupid decision today, decided it was time to take the blower off and put the fel back on and man it was a good feeling to have it back on. Only problem, the mud season is not far off.:eek:

mic214

Equipment
Kubota LX2610 W/cab brushhog, box blade & pallet forks
May 11, 2014
Colorado
I installed the Piranha tooth bar on my L3901 today……

NWAZL3560

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, LA805 loader, BH77 backhoe, rock bucket, box blade, pallet forks
Jun 11, 2018
Mesquite, NV
I let my neighbor operate my tractor to dig a hole for his tree today. He's a professional excavator operator, really fast and operating equipment is like second nature to him. But on the tractor he was all thumbs since he's used to the CAT control lever arrangement. A little comical to see him try to compensate by crossing his arms! He's a nice guy and he helps me a lot too. Most of you would drool over having dirt like we have to dig here in the desert!

Attachments

NWAZL3560

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 11, 2018
Mesquite, NV
Our property is on the foothill slope below nearby mountains. A few times a year we get flash flooding in a couple of washes. The last one damaged a driveway and eroded the wash pretty badly. So this was my first tractor experience in repairing the driveway and flattening out the wash. I'm pretty proud of it, having never done this before!

Attachments

NWAZL3560

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 11, 2018
Mesquite, NV
Bruce, it looks nice. Looks like you have a big sand box to play in!:D
I sure do. We run into a few 6" rocks once in a while! Another plus is that, if undisturbed, the surface is like decomposed granite from the mountains above and doesn't normally get muddy.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
The water-filtering-funnel reminded me of my job back in the '70s flying hunters/fishermen down into Lake Guerrero Mexico near Ciudad Victoria. I was flying for an early Delta-Connection and we hauled sportsman safaris down there usually consisting of planeloads of doctors/lawyers/professionals, etc. and sometimes the flight crews would stay a week or so in town then fly them back out or elsewhere.
The first trip I did I was horrified (but later amused) by the re-fueling equipment at the airport. It consisted of a large steel tank on a trailer pulled by an old tractor. The fuel was pumped by an aircooled Wisconsin or Waukesha motor and there was NO METER on the thing... one Mexican would pull the hose over to the airplane and hand it over to a guy standing on the wing (they didn't have such sophistication as single-point refueling) and another guy would start the little engine and wave his hand that he was ready. The guys on the wing would stuff a felt-cowboy hat down into the wing-cap shaping it into a funnel and wave back at the engine-guy..who would then open a valve and, using his wrist-watch, time the delivery process in some fashion that he felt would approximate the amount of fuel we'd ordered. He'd close the valve when he thought it was right.
The first time I watched this I was a bit concerned...but the aircraft gauges were dependable and when we ordered 4,800 lbs or whatever... they were exactly on-the-mark. When I looked at that felt hat as they pulled the hose back to the trailer, it held about a cup of water and some flakes of some kind of sediment.... rust likely.
But the fuel never gave us any problem and those turbines ran just fine. It took me a couple of trips to have any faith in those guys but after a couple years when I up-graded to Captain... I took perverse pleasure in pretending to my new co-pilots that I was completely disinterested in the process ...which caused them no small amount of alarm. LOL