What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

RWey56

Equipment
BX23S
Feb 8, 2018
Stanchfield, MN
Realy enjoying my BX23S.

I've never owned anything but small (cheap) garden tractors and a trailer in the past, and with those there's always a requirement of lots of hand shoveling and other sweat involved. In February this year, however, I finally pulled plug and bought a new BX, and now that summer is here I can't believe how much easier all the maintenance jobs are with a small tractor at one's disposal. Yesterday I dreaded having to move a picnic table up a narrow flight of steps to the deck above ... until I remembered the FEL. Loaded it standing up into the bucket and just lifted it up as high as possible, then went top side and pulled it over the railing. Digging holes for flowers and small trees now takes 1/10 the time with the assistance of a backhoe, and a 54" mower cuts lawn mow time by an hour. Also just installed the 3rd function valve and a grapple is coming this week, which is going to be inspirational with respect to brush clean-up that's been accumulating for years. Absolutely no buyers remorse with this tractor. Should have gotten one years ago.

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Here's what I'm working on today with my BX23S. Removing stumps from trees that fell this past winter.

RWey56

Equipment
BX23S
Feb 8, 2018
Stanchfield, MN
Thanks RWey56!
Because there's no clear coat (that I can tell), the orange kubota spray should feather out fairly well. Let it cure in the sun for several cumulative hours and then plan on some rubbing compound followed by polishing compound to get the feathering completed.

My "new" hood is getting full of scratches from branches, and I've resigned to the fact that this is a tractor, and is going to get scraped and muddied up. Keeping things greased and internal maintenance is where attention is better spent. The only painting I'll do is when scratches expose metal on the body parts.

jmf78

Equipment
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
That was my concern is they are deep and the metal is a bit exposed. Don't want to see much rust there anytime soon.
Because there's no clear coat (that I can tell), the orange kubota spray should feather out fairly well. Let it cure in the sun for several cumulative hours and then plan on some rubbing compound followed by polishing compound to get the feathering completed.

My "new" hood is getting full of scratches from branches, and I've resigned to the fact that this is a tractor, and is going to get scraped and muddied up. Keeping things greased and internal maintenance is where attention is better spent. The only painting I'll do is when scratches expose metal on the body parts.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Gave the BX2360 a bath - - really needed it.

Also noticed it running a little warmer than usual. Screen was clean, but some clippings and dandelion seeds had covered parts of radiator. Everything got sprayed clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada

Also noticed it running a little warmer than usual. Screen was clean, but some clippings and dandelion seeds had covered parts of radiator. Everything got sprayed clean.

Yes mine is well overdue for a good cleaning inside and out not to mention a coat of wax but when you bring the out the water those little black piranha with wings just about suck you dry but it has to be done. B+ just incase I need a transfusion. :(

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
B+ just incase I need a transfusion. :(
Ha!!
I can relate, but not help you there!![emoji12]
Skeeters have been okay...ticks have been the blood suckers lately.

RWey56

Equipment
BX23S
Feb 8, 2018
Stanchfield, MN

With respect to the junk in the radiator, how did you get that out? Just hose it down? From what angle? I pulled my screen this weekend and noticed that it appears a bit tight to get an air hose or anything else in there.

jmf78

Equipment
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
With respect to the junk in the radiator, how did you get that out? Just hose it down? From what angle? I pulled my screen this weekend and noticed that it appears a bit tight to get an air hose or anything else in there.
I'd recommend this or something like it. A wand to get in there with air and a wand to get in there with a light stream of water.
Radiator Genie - Water & Air Cleaning Wands for High Efficiency Cooling Systems and Radiators - Blow Out / Wash Out Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NAU8J6D/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_AOGdBbGKC1PAY

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
Yesterday I hooked up the finish mower my nephew gave me. Greased everything up, checked the gearbox and mowed half the back field. Finished mowing it this morning. Nice unit - definite learning curve there since it's rolling ground. I wish it had front wheels, but I can adapt. Anyway taking a 5' swath is a real joy. :D

Last edited:

Brick Axelrod

Equipment
L5460, BH92, RCR1872, FDR2572.RTVX1100c
Apr 12, 2018
South Carolina
Nothing but rain here for the past 10 days, got lots to do but don’t want to make a mess of the yard. Greased it and gave her a coat of wax then had a beer.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Nothing but rain here for the past 10 days, got lots to do but don’t want to make a mess of the yard. Greased it and gave her a coat of wax then had a beer.
I feel you on that one. Been about to have a fit to get in the hay field for almost a month now. Rained almost every day.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Started cutting/grinding on middle buster to make it fit new HF QH.

That lead to making a frame to hold the middle buster.

I made the ripper for the middle buster a while ago. Interchangeable with the MB plow.

IMG_1384.JPG

IMG_1385.JPG

Last edited:

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
This is what I didn't do: The Kubota replacement plug arrived for the side of my block. It's a flimsy piece of plastic shaped like a top hat. I guess they don't make the aluminum ones anymore. Decided my own fix is superior, so left things as they are.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
This is what I didn't do: The Kubota replacement plug arrived for the side of my block. It's a flimsy piece of plastic shaped like a top hat. I guess they don't make the aluminum ones anymore. Decided my own fix is superior, so left things as they are.
I bet the dealer ordered the wrong plug. What you described is what they use to protect the threads and keep the dirt out of a threaded hole.

You should be able to get freeze plugs from your local auto parts store. Might even be able to find a freeze plug kit. But good luck with finding an old timer that knows what your talking about with out supplying a make and model. :rolleyes:

Father in law has a generic standard and metric freeze plug kit in his garage that he's had for years and years. If I need one, I usually check out his shop before trying the stores :D

otter

Equipment
L3800, LA524 loader, BH77 backhoe, thumb, box blade small wood lot log grapple
Sep 26, 2014
Chase, Alaska
Took the L3800 out on our annual trail ride.
2.6 miles (one way) of trail repair with the box blade. Worked it four times and now have the atv mud ruts out. Should be a smoother ride to town next time I head in.