What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

VictimOfCaliforniaDems

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3350
Jul 6, 2017
Northern CA CalifornUtopia USA
Today, Pepe broke the rear, lower windscreen on a 1917 B3350. I find that difficult to accept thought I will replace the glass. How can Kubota design a tractor that will break its own glass? My guess is, "Kubota won't."
We are also cavitating from new (200 hours) cylinders. After Kubota performed initial checkup at 200 hours. If we did not alter the geometry of the rear hydraulics, how did we break the glass?
Thanks in advance for your help.

NF6X

Equipment
L3301HST w/ LA525 & BH77
Mar 19, 2017
Riverside, CA
www.nf6x.net
I finally put some bucket hooks on my L3301 today. It could use a shower. I'm thinking that I should add a bolt-on toothbar soon, if for no other reason than to serve as a sacrificial cutting edge for the bucket.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
NF6X, you might want to put a middle hook on that bucket. My dealer put 3 hooks on my bucket when I purchased the tractor, and I find I use the middle hook most of the time. In fact here are a few pic's of when I was splitting some large logs that I couldn't lift by hand. I use skidding tongs with a chain on the middle hook.

Attachments

Neire

Equipment
B5000
Jun 11, 2017
Belgium
Been transporting grasspieces to renew the greenhouse tomorrow..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G903F met Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

SDMauler

Equipment
2009 BX2360TV60, RCK60B-23BX
Aug 8, 2014
Parker, SD
Pulled the motor out of my BX2360, replaced the water pump, head gasket, and thermostat,flushed the radiator inside and out, trying to eliminate an overheating issue. Changed the oil and adjusted the valves while I was at it. Got it all put back together, did a little mowing, and it still overheats. Mower has new belt, new gear oil in the gearbox, and new blades. SIGH. The only thing I can think of to check is the quantity of fuel being injected into each cyclinder. Getting more fuel than it should is the only other thing I can think of that would cause overheating. Started looking into adding more cooling, possibly using the small bypass coolant hose that runs parallel to the thermostat to allow for some circulation before the T-stat opens, and a transmission cooler with a fan.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Overheating as in boiling over?
Or too hot on gauge? Two completely different things.
Need infra red thermometer
Mower pto rpm selectable? Perhaps its on the higher rpm setting.

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
You'd never get tired of looking at that, beauty
Nope, Never gets old... :)

This is the view from the Hot Tub or "SPA" :rolleyes:
"How most people call them green onions
but they're really scallions."
(hidden meaning)
OOPS, Looks like I have a few rouge branches
that need some attending to. :p
Time to break out the climbing gear. :D

Attachments

Last edited:

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
That big arsed rock standing up on top of the other big arsed rock.

Be my luck it would roll down some night :eek:

OH, THAT ONE....

Yep, everyone notices that, it's been there forever and hasn't budged yet, but they did just have an big earthquake in Wyoming or Montana didn't they?

All those rocks are on County property, so guess what government immunity from any negligence,
but I don't think there's much in the way of it if it were to fall, at least I hope. I know it would never get to my house. :D

Attachments

Last edited:

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
Had one storm bring 8" of rain in 2.5 hours. Exposing some grading and drainage deficiencies. Dug 60' in a nice macaroni shape! Not bad for my first time on a backhoe...

Attachments

NF6X

Equipment
L3301HST w/ LA525 & BH77
Mar 19, 2017
Riverside, CA
www.nf6x.net
NF6X, you might want to put a middle hook on that bucket.
I agree. I wasn't sure whether I wanted a grab hook or a shackle in the center position, so I put off the decision. I started with the two grab hooks because I had a specific use in mind: hanging the front half of my drag harrow off the bucket, so I can stick the bucket into nooks and crannies and then drag out the harrow in reverse.

TheDon81

Equipment
Hopefully a BX23S soon
Jun 13, 2017
Pelham, NH
I got it delivered, already put 2 hours in it moving things around the yard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk