What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Rosher I dont miss those days at all, which is why I dont have a team of Haflinger's out in the barn right now, and why theres no Arabs there either and no sheep and cows and chickens or ducks,,,, whewwww I get tired just thinking about that stuff. Though I would like to get a Peacock or 2 just to pizz off the yuppies that bought up everything around me

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado
Re: What did you do on the Kubota today?

Took the 60" MMM into the shop to have them replace the blades, belt, and change the oil in it. Couldn't do it myself since I didn't have a socket big enough to take the blades off. 279.00 for all of the above. They also power washed it for me. Also ordered the "shroud" (not hood) that wraps around the engine beneath the hood. That was another 216.00 or so.

I think a new socket would have been cheaper...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clark_bailey

Equipment
Kubota L3710, L3600 and Bobcat T190
Mar 19, 2010
West Alabama
Picked up this used 5 ft cutter today to use around the house. I was getting tired of hauling implements around.

tor

Jun 25, 2009
SC
Installed 2 clevis attachments and 2 chain hooks on the bucket. Installed 2 rear view mirrors.

kckndrgn

Equipment
BX2370 w/ 60" MMM and FEL, Box Blade, Bush Hog, Carry All & Tiller
Mar 17, 2016
Somerville, TN
Removed the tiller and put on the carry all. Then loaded the generator and water tank on the carry all, in the but I put about 15 of 30 trees to plant.

Got 20 trees for free from a campaign to plant 100k trees in TN and then the wife and I picked up 10 more from TSC (3 apple, 5 pecan and 1 hazel nut).

It was nice to carry the water around our 2 acre property and he generator was used to power the electric auger used to dig the holes for the trees.

Gotta wait on the "call before you dig" for most of the remainder of the trees as they will be near buried utility lines.

Today I'll be using the tractor to help spread the 1 yd of mulch we picked up.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Removed the tiller and put on the carry all. Then loaded the generator and water tank on the carry all, in the but I put about 15 of 30 trees to plant.
Nice! We lost all our snow - was 70+ degrees for a couple days.

But 32 now, and guessing we still have a little frost in the ground.

So, my tractor still sits with the snow blower on. I did nothing with it....:(

Last edited:

8upbowhunter

Equipment
L4701 FEL, Cutter, Discs and Land Plane
Dec 15, 2016
S/E Louisiana
Started installing my bolt on hooks and clevis mounts but my 1/2" bit stopped cutting on the 4th hole. Guess I should have used cutting fluid but didn't have any on hand. I will pick up some tomorrow when I get a new drill bit, still have 6 holes to drill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Cleaned a Winter's worth of crud out of the cab.

Pulled the rubber floor pan out and scrubbed it, saw water on the foam under the pan so pulled them out...oh oh, water and mud under the foam too.

Not too surprising considering the various penetrations through the floor of the cab for pedals, levers and cables, just never thought about it.

Water sitting under the foam is just asking for rust to start so from now on removing the rubber floor pan and foam pads will be part of the deal when it comes time to clean the cab.

Also squirted a little aerosol grease (intended for anti-corrosion use on marine battery terminals) on the seat slides, operates MUCH smoother now.

hiho silver

Equipment
Orange Tractor L3901
Nov 28, 2016
Midwest US
Started installing my bolt on hooks and clevis mounts but my 1/2" bit stopped cutting on the 4th hole. Guess I should have used cutting fluid but didn't have any on hand. I will pick up some tomorrow when I get a new drill bit, still have 6 holes to drill.

Some folks simply use motor oil in a squirt can to keep a drill bit cool. Not sure you need official cutting fluid. A dry drill bit getting hot will get dull so soon.

8upbowhunter

Equipment
Dec 15, 2016
S/E Louisiana
Yep it got hot on me and by the time I realized that it was too late. Oh well I will start fresh tomorrow better prepared if the rain holds out.

Lencho

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100hst
Jan 21, 2017
NM
I had a load of Ponderosa Pine wood chips delivered and spread them around our orchard.h

Attachments

Ryansweatt2004

Equipment
2017 kubota L3901HST
Jul 2, 2015
West gardiner maine, USA
So this happened today. I wasn't pleased with the 3/16 of an inch of side to side movement between the loader arms and quick detach mounts so I decided to unpin them and trim grade 8 washers to fit in as spacers to take out some of the sloppiness in the loader. Now the side to side movement is on par with the larger L series loaders. Maybe about 1/16 of an inch side to,side now so a lot better now.

Attachments

8upbowhunter

Equipment
Dec 15, 2016
S/E Louisiana
Finished installing my bucket hooks and clevis mounts. Decided while I was buying a new 1/2" bit that I also needed a corded drill. As useful as battery drills are, the batteries just don't last on heavy drilling jobs so I picked up a new Dewalt 1/2" electric drill to finish this project. Only took about 45 minutes to finish drilling the rest of the holes and mount everything.

Bulldog777

Equipment
L3200, RTA1266, Modern 5' BB, Mustang 60 FM
Jan 25, 2017
Texas
Put the plow on and ran thru my somewhat wet gardens, hoping to dry them out a little faster.
Need rain? Plow the garden or wash your vehicle. Lol

sagor

Equipment
BX25, BX2750D, BX2760A, 5' back blade
Jan 9, 2017
Sudbury, ON, Canada
With my BX25 and BX2750D snowblower, removed over a foot of snow (plus drifts) last night over 500ft of driveway. -20C and wind gusts up to 80km/h (50MPH for southern neighbors). Cleaned up details (drifts) this afternoon once more...
Ordered a BX2760A plow with hydraulic angle to handle the slush like we had last week (clogged the blower chute a few times trying to blow it - not the way to handle slushy snow). Hope to get it in the next few days.

Attachments

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Will put new BxPanded under armor on ASAP.
Gotta get the friggin' snow blower off first!
You guys didn't let me yet!