What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Put the new hood decals on,
DSC_0055 (3).jpg DSC_0056 (4).jpg

Installed the front grill and headlights, Then put the hood on
DSC_0058 (4).jpg DSC_0061 (5).jpg

Also painted the rear fenders with Kubota Orange (in the background)

Installed LED OIL and CHARGE lamps
DSC_0071 (3).jpg

billrigsby

Equipment
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Got a plastic battery tray and modified it to be used as a battery tray liner,
to protect the metal battery tray I had to fabricate. Was a tight fit, but it fit.
Battery Tray Liner.jpg

Also finally used the tractor to do some work,
Moved a 20' x 24" culvert from down by the road to behind the shop,
and moved a 4' x 10' ranch gate to behind the shop also.

FEL will definitely come in handy :D

curly84

Mar 2, 2016
corry pa.
What did I do with my orange beast to day, skidded tops with a winch I installed on my skidded attachment I built last year, uploadfromtaptalk1465087107361.jpg boy what a tractor s uploadfromtaptalk1465087183594.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1465087210979.jpg aver that is and cut 3 loads of wood

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

billrigsby

Equipment
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Yesterday I got the last coat of orange on the rear fenders, and today I've got them both installed along with the turn signal lights.

Also have started working on my 48 inch brush hog, what a debacle. You can read about that here.....
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?p=188272#post188272

Photos later, my girlfriend's on the computer with work stuff. Time for an adult beverage and IndyCar racing.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Bill, the botas looking great!!!!

I lost my bota today :( Wife decided she wanted to learn how to use it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kckndrgn

Equipment
BX2370 w/ 60" MMM and FEL, Box Blade, Bush Hog, Carry All & Tiller
Mar 17, 2016
Somerville, TN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think I'm in the opposite situation. The wife said it was her turn to use the Bx and I had to use the push mower.
I knew I shoulda kept a better eye on her and her speed.:(

Don't know the full extent of the damage, got a call to insurance to see if it will be covered. The important thing is that she was not hurt.

I love my wife, but she is beating herself up over this. If insurance wont cover it, it looks like i'm gonna learn brick work

Attachments

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I think I'm in the opposite situation. The wife said it was her turn to use the Bx and I had to use the push mower.
I knew I shoulda kept a better eye on her and her speed.:(

Don't know the full extent of the damage, got a call to insurance to see if it will be covered. The important thing is that she was not hurt.

I love my wife, but she is beating herself up over this. If insurance wont cover it, it looks like i'm gonna learn brick work
Ouch!!!! My wife mowed in a nice sedate 4 low :rolleyes: She tried it in 5th but it was jarring her too much and bugging her back.

I spent two hour with the push mower going around trees and the ditch. Then jumped on the bota and finished the acre and a half she was mowing. Then went and mowed the front yard :D

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi

After all that work to make it look good what did you expect?:rolleyes: Women like shiny new looking things.;););)

Builtough

Equipment
Kubota B2601 with loader, pallet forks, rear bade, bush hog
May 15, 2015
Ottawa, Ohio, United states
Finally got my new bucket put together. I bought the tractor with a 60" bucket which works good for snow and manure, but struggles digging. So I figured I would set up a digging bucket. Got a 54" bucket from my dealer and added a Pirahna tooth bar and a couple bolt on hooks. The combination of the smaller bucket and the toothbar made it pretty slick digging into my dirt pile!

Attachments

thedevilyoulove

Equipment
L3901 HST with LA525 FEL, Land Pride RCF2572, pallet forks, 3 pt carry all
Jan 27, 2016
Woodbine, Maryland

millsan1

Equipment
BX25D, SGC05, 4' Box Blade, 6' rake, 6' blade, Titan BX42 Chipper
Not necessarily "today" but def over the past few weekends.

I used a Case CX160 to do some serious excavating, for a 24x40 pole barn. Also used that machine to get rid of about 10 80' trees around the house.

Now where my Kubota comes in.

I moved the equivalent of 20 loads of fill from the excavation to make parking spots opposite the pole barn location. (where barn will be is uphill on a fairly steep slope.)

Used the grapple on the BX to grab a ton of brush from the downed trees and make several large piles. My helper was running the chainsaw.

Also cut up all those trees into log sized pieces (between 5 and 9 foot, depending on diameter) and used the grapple to stack these for the sawmill.

Moved many many boulders and made stack/walls to retain some of the fill.

Used the boxblade and bucket to level out the area for the pole barn.

Spread 3/4 load of 2A over the same area, leveled with boxblade and compacted with a vibratory roller.

Sloped and semi finished area next to house for a side yard.

Used ripper on backhoe to pull up sections of driveway that were problematic, and put in 2000 lbs of cold patch. Used vibratory roller to tamp all that down.

Issues that have arisen:

Emergency brake not working. Lost the lock down portion. Have to dig in and see what came loose.

Cable between alternator and dash has been forcibly removed by driveshaft, resulting in no tach. Have to order replacement wire.

CV boot over front end of driveshaft is gone. Have to get a new one.

Boots over front steering are rotted, need to replace (annoying, tractor is 14 months old)

Schedule for pole barn is about 5 weeks out.

In the mean time, will be doing a lot of finish grading, putting 2A on the new parking spaces, etc.

As a side note, Tractor Supply finally ran a coupon yesterday (15% off between 6 and 9 PM), which I used to pick up a back blade and a landscape rake.

Also, the brush piles have prompted me to buy the Titan chipper. Memorial day there was a sale and a discount, so ended up just under $1200 total. It is on backorder, so waiting for that.

Sharryn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
'15 B3350, LA534A Loader, Land Pride RTA1258 Tiller, BH77 Backhoe, Forks
Aug 31, 2015
Alexandria, PA USA
You did good! I used my TS coupon last night and now wish I'd have bought a back blade. I have a hump in my garden that drives me nuts and I haven't been able to level it with the loader bucket.

Would love to see pics of the pole barn when it's done.

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
I bought a boom pole with my TSC coupon. Now I can pick stuff up without killin' myself :D

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Changed oil & filter (rotella T6), greased, changed from 14" backhoe bucket to 10" bucket, and put in a new air filter. For those who have never seen one, here is the somewhat odd, but very effective B7100 air filter element.

Attachments

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Changed oil & filter (rotella T6), greased, changed from 14" backhoe bucket to 10" bucket, and put in a new air filter. For those who have never seen one, here is the somewhat odd, but very effective B7100 air filter element.
Odd? You referring to the fins?

If so there is method to the madness. If that is in the path of incoming dirty air..... Maybe idea behind them is they cause air to spin as it enters the housing. Spin helps for large particles in the air to fall out and not end up coating/clogging the air filter. makes the Filter last longer. There is various air filter systems that use this concept. Some even are attached to the exhaust so that a venturi effect can suck those larger particles out of filter canister and send them out the tail pipe.

If that is outgoing filtered air that hits the fins guess it's to cause turbulence to help with automation of the fuel at injection so combustion has a chance to be more complete?

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Must be effective, there is always a pile of loose dirt/dust in that housing.

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
NOTHING!!!!!!!!! The wife and I are on the road with our 5th wheel will be gone for a month from the ranch. Looking forward to getting back home have several projects to complete. But time with the wife is sweet , in Gardiner Montana beautiful area lots of game.

billrigsby

Equipment
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Installed the rear fender grommets and fished the turn signal wires down and hooked them up.
Had to make a second hood hold down, that part is not available, installed them and the hood cushion $$$ :rolleyes:
I know the springs are not correct, spring.jpg but at $26.82 each they can keep them :eek:
YES, that is the correct price (34150-18164) :eek:
hood work.jpg
Removed the FEL and painted the subframe
DSC_0054.jpg
DSC_0066 (2).jpg
DSC_0058.jpg

Moving along.