What are the loose pins and brackets on loader bucket?

tnichols

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-D
May 7, 2020
Poulsbo, WA, USA
Hi All,
New to the forum and to tractor ownership. I recently inherited my dads '91 B7100HST-D. After a bit of work (including disassembling and cleaning the float detent on the FEL hydraulic control, thank you orangetractortalks for the tips), everything is in good working condition.

My question to the forum is that there are two loose-ish pins on the top of the loader bucket, and two square brackets on the sides of the bucket. (Shown in the attached picture). Can someone tell me what they are used for?

Thanks all!

Last edited:

bernhardine

Equipment
M4072 (M4D-071), B7000
Jan 14, 2019
Germany
You need 5 posts to be able to attach files or pics.

So just write something .... "weather is fine" or "night was cold" ........
:rolleyes:

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
Obviously I haven't seen your pictures but it's possible the parts are for the stand for the loader when it's removed from the tractor.

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
My guess is the loader stand legs for when it is off the tractor....at least a guess.

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
Looks like owner added parts. Side brackets could be used with ratchet straps to secure items in the bucket. Looks like a welded nut also, must have had something custom added to bucket we may never know.

Lencho

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100hst
Jan 21, 2017
NM
It is not custom, mine had the exact same setup. I have seen those on lots of late model B7100 loader buckets. However I have not seen them used for anything. There must be photos of the accessory these were for, perhaps a bucket capacity increaser? Something like a snow bucket?

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
The rectangular slot on the side of the bucket is where the leg goes for removing the loader. It goes from beyond the hole on the side of the bucket back and to the ground near the wheel. It is secured in place by screwing the bolts that hold the loader at the front of the tractor into the square nut welded to the top of the bucket.
The round pin is exactly where the bucket level indicator is on mine and may be an earlier method for this (pin straight up = bucket is level)
I just remembered that those round pins are on a different place on my loader and were supposed to hold the legs when the loader was on the tractor.

Last edited:

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
My loader is off at the moment. If I have time (and remember :eek:) tomorrow, I'll try to get a photo of my homemade set-up. It might make things clearer.

tnichols

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-D
May 7, 2020
Poulsbo, WA, USA
Thanks all for the insight. There are two of the pins, one on each side, and mine has an (optional) bucket level indicator on it as well. It's odd that the pins side loose and wobble around in that space. :shrug:

powersrp

Equipment
B3350
Apr 2, 2017
Indian River MI
For once sloppy bushings and pins is a benefit, if all things were tight no lube would circulate and all the wear would be in one spot on the loader pins, Ive pulled on a lot of fel arms over the years and they all have some play, new and used.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
pins.jpg

legs.jpg

One pic is showing the pins in a different place on mine and the other is showing how the legs work. I don't have any way of drilling a hole in the top of the leg yet that will take the pin but I'll get there. I didn't show the rear legs but there is a better pic in a recent post "What is this"

Last edited: