What aerator for BX2360?

BillK01

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, LP 1560 back blade, Front mount snow blower, Ferris ISX800 ZTR
Mar 17, 2017
Near Pittsburgh, PA
Looking at either a Land Pride or Everything Attachments core aerator for my BX2360 and was wondering if I should go with a 4' or 5'?

Or any other suggestions for an aerator brand besides LP or Everything Attachments.

Thanks.

Bill

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
No help with the size but I have several EA implements and they are well made and are holding up well. Made local to me here in NC.

I too have been looking at the 60" model but have not convinced the wife we need to spend that much since we have a 5' standard aerator that just pokes holes in the ground and was given to us.

If you buy it let us know how it works.

offkilterwi

Aug 29, 2017
I've got a 36" Ryan aerator for my 2370 that's about as big I'd want to go. It weighs about 550lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BillK01

Equipment
Mar 17, 2017
Near Pittsburgh, PA
No help with the size but I have several EA implements and they are well made and are holding up well. Made local to me here in NC.

I too have been looking at the 60" model but have not convinced the wife we need to spend that much since we have a 5' standard aerator that just pokes holes in the ground and was given to us.

If you buy it let us know how it works.
Thanks.

My neighbor has the 60" EA - the big one with the independent wheels for each set of cores - and it's a freaking monster. Weighs like 1100lbs and seems to be built like a tank - think he paid like $3400 for it. He's got a L4701 so it's no problem for him. He offered to do my lawn for me - but I'd rather do it myself and I don't think my little BX could handle that monster EA he has - but it is nice for sure!

I'm on the fence between the EA drum style 48" vs. the Land Pride CA1548 48". On the surface the EA seems like you get a LOT more for your money than the Land Pride for only a hundred or so more dollars. But then it's also 520lbs to move around vs. the Land Pride at 156lbs where you just add sand bags or cement blocks.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Weight is your friend when using the core aerator to maximize penetration to remove the core.

The use of cement blocks may scar you implement but that may not matter for most.

What has always scared me about adding weight to implements is compromising it or asking it to hold something it was not designed to do.

I guess we all have done that from time to time when using a 4' disk years ago to get good penetration I would tie a railroad beam to it. It would make bad sounding noises as I pulled it and most of the paint on the top was rubbed off from it bouncing around.

Just offering food for thought.

Let us know what you decide as I don't know anyone who owns the EA plugger.

BillK01

Equipment
Mar 17, 2017
Near Pittsburgh, PA
Weight is your friend when using the core aerator to maximize penetration to remove the core.

The use of cement blocks may scar you implement but that may not matter for most.

What has always scared me about adding weight to implements is compromising it or asking it to hold something it was not designed to do.

I guess we all have done that from time to time when using a 4' disk years ago to get good penetration I would tie a railroad beam to it. It would make bad sounding noises as I pulled it and most of the paint on the top was rubbed off from it bouncing around.

Just offering food for thought.

Let us know what you decide as I don't know anyone who owns the EA plugger.
Will do - my neighbor just used his EA aerator on his lawn and it looks to have done a nice job. I still can't figure out how he gets that L4701, 6' finish mower, backhoe, bucket, giant pto spreader, aerator, a 1-ton Dodge dually and his wife's Range Rover in his 2.5 stall garage though! :)