What About Your Tractor Makes You Swear?

MaleHoe

Equipment
Kubota B2620 TLB, JD X495
Jun 23, 2016
Latrobe PA
The safety switch attached to the HST peddle needs adjusted or cleaned or replaced. Always needs wiggled to start the tractor and most of the time when I get off of the tractor and want it to remain running it shuts off due to this switch.

Yes, it makes me swear very bad words every time. :D

And it's not easy to get to it.

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
Flat front tires... constantly. never even tried fixing them.

Seems to be a problem with the BX series, though I dont know why, I went back and told the dealer about mine going flat and he handed me 2 bottles of slime,, put them in and havent had a problem since thats been a few years ago,, though the tire guys is gona be pizzed when he changes then
What's the deal with flat tires?
Seems like it's a tire problem not a tractor problem.
Slime is not known to help much on leaks from a rim.

Changnam 59

Equipment
New to the world of Orange
Dec 24, 2011
Pathumthanee, Thailand
Nothing about my B6000 makes me want to swear.

Probably one of the best vehicle purchases of my lifetime.

Always ready to go. I don't make unreasonable demands and nothing to date has defeated it. It certainly punches above its weight.

And I love the fact that it's old school with no electronics, DPFs, ECUs, fault codes or whatever. It has the absolute minimum of plastics and a proper transmission with gears.

It sips diesel and tires are cheap.

It's not the prettiest cosmetically but it gets plenty of love in terms of maintenance. And a lot of respect from me.

Of course at 40 years old it could blow up tomorrow. But somehow I doubt it.

Flienlow

Equipment
Kubota BX25D, Kubota U25 mini EX, SVL75,Landpride Grapple,Landpride grading scra
Mar 9, 2015
snohomish
What About Your Tractor Makes You Swear?

Trying to move the tractor while using the backhoe.

DWLG1958

Equipment
B2650HSD, LA534, L2244 4n1, BH77&thumb, Brushgrapple, Box, Pallet Forks, more.
Jul 22, 2015
Sonoma Wine Country, California
I should have bought a bigger tractor. B2650 just isn't enough power for what I need to do. I hate clay dirt sticking in my back hoe bucket. My load leveler has broke twice. Just got it back from warranty work only to break it again with in 5 minutes. Work and family events keep me from being on the tractor. Early mornings I want to be on the tractor but I don't want the noise to wake the neighbors up. That's my rant for now.
Regarding the breaking level indicator I believe it is an actual Factory / Design Problem for this LA534A.

When the bucket is curled in (load mode) all the way, (part #7J056-62720 Link(8)) Hits (part # 7J057-65510 Cover (tube)) stopping it's movement, but the bucket continues for another 2-3 mm shearing off (part # 7J056-62800 Pin (1,link)).

It is a Mechanical Engineers design error.

My dealer want me bring it in so they can trouble shoot it (fix it).

What, where did it break at on yours ?

Just wondering, since your's broke three times, do they keep replacing the pin ?

Need either a shorter link, or grind out little spot on the Cover tube IMHO.

MaleHoe

Equipment
Kubota B2620 TLB, JD X495
Jun 23, 2016
Latrobe PA
Metal hoods dent when loading a truck with dirt and rocks.

Well, yea I had too much in the bucket and two rocks spilled out and dented the hood.

I would like a plastic hood. :D

igizzzmo1

Feb 28, 2016
Elmira, Or
Regarding the breaking level indicator I believe it is an actual Factory / Design Problem for this LA534A.

When the bucket is curled in (load mode) all the way, (part #7J056-62720 Link(8)) Hits (part # 7J057-65510 Cover (tube)) stopping it's movement, but the bucket continues for another 2-3 mm shearing off (part # 7J056-62800 Pin (1,link)).

It is a Mechanical Engineers design error.

My dealer want me bring it in so they can trouble shoot it (fix it).

What, where did it break at on yours ?

Just wondering, since your's broke three times, do they keep replacing the pin ?

Need either a shorter link, or grind out little spot on the Cover tube IMHO.

It's the pin on the end that shears off. A small rectangle piece of flat bar. Pin on one end and attached to a rod on the other. Your supposed to see two pieces of metal meet when the bucket is level I think. I am sure it took a real engineering genius to design this to fail.

Ryansweatt2004

Equipment
2017 kubota L3901HST
Jul 2, 2015
West gardiner maine, USA
I hate having the farm triangle on the back of these compact tractors. The placement on my l3901 leaves me with a huge blind spot over the left rear of the tractor. You'd think kubota would come with a better mounting location for these.

shredhawk

Equipment
B3350 tractor,snowblower, bucket
Jan 26, 2015
Ohio, USA
I have a B3350 Kubota and the thing that really bothers me is this new emissions bull. This tractor has been in the shop more than at my place and they always end up replacing the DPF filter and other emission related stuff and saying it all cost over 1400.00 . Its under warranty now but what happens when its not. This is Kubotas worst nightmare and they are not doing to much to resolve it.

Newbe

Equipment
L3901
Dec 2, 2015
GOFF. N.H.
The multi-function switch for the lights. I tend to smack my left knee against it when turning to look back over my right shoulder. My kneecap is not OEM and it really smarts when this happens. Wish the switch was higher up on the dash.
I agree with this!

bikerdib

Equipment
L4701 with FEL, BH92 backhoe
Oct 5, 2010
Wallis, Texas
What about my tractor makes me swear? That I wasn't smart enough to buy it earlier and used to do a lot of back breaking work manually.

NoJacketRequired

Equipment
B7510 & LA302 FEL & B2782 blower, B7510 & B2781 blower, B2410 & B2550 blower
May 25, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Two things get under my skin with our B7510...

1) I've ripped the left leg out of two pairs of shorts as I dismount; the HST range selector lever is in just the right spot to hook inside the leg of my shorts as I lower my foot toward the ground. Frustrating. But the newly-air-conditioned shorts certainly were cooler in the heat we had this summer! :)

2) 3 Point Hitch turnbuckle sway links. Their geometry is just plain wrong. If they are tight with the arms in the lower position, they are too tight when the hitch is raised. This is a dumb design. I'll be saving up my cash to buy a set of aftermarket links so I can ditch this design goof forever.

Now for the 3rd one... Others have said it. Human error. Why didn't I save up my pennies and buy this machine 10 years earlier? I kept forging on with old tractors that didn't cost much but left me tired and sore. This new-to-me B7510 is an absolute dream to operate when compared to my older tractors.

bambam31

Equipment
L3800HST 4x4,R1,FEL, 6'disc, 5'bush hog,piranhaTB,6'grader,6'rake, 48"forks
Apr 3, 2014
Mobile, AL
No emergency brake light on the dash. I can't count how many times I've driven off with the brake on.

alansz400

Equipment
B7500. FEL, Piranha tooth bar, box scraper, post hole digger, 3 pt. bucket
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
No emergency brake light on the dash. I can't count how many times I've driven off with the brake on.
I think I may have found the cure for that problem. Last week I mowed for 5 minutes with the brakes on, I was so pissed at myself. I came in the house and found a clip that my wife uses to hold chip bags closed. I clip it on the leaver that sets the brake and when I set the brake I clip it to the steering wheel. So far so good.

JorisFRST

Equipment
B1600DT - yanmar rs1303 - geo eco16 - Dormak RL12T - GEO EFG 125
Apr 20, 2016
Merchtem, Belgium
routerjanitor.com
I think I may have found the cure for that problem. Last week I mowed for 5 minutes with the brakes on, I was so pissed at myself. I came in the house and found a clip that my wife uses to hold chip bags closed. I clip it on the leaver that sets the brake and when I set the brake I clip it to the steering wheel. So far so good.
Heading for the kitchen...

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OHHH kind a like the flags on ordnance :D

Reactions: 1 user

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I just got myself into the habit of stomping on the brake as soon as I get onto the tractor :rolleyes:

scdeerslayer

Equipment
MX5200DT
May 23, 2016
SC
Along those lines, mine doesn't have a 4wd indicator light. I try to only leave in 4wd when needed, but then I forget about it when I'm done. So far I haven't gone too far on pavement with it in 4wd but I have been down some well packed dirt trails in 4wd.

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
I got into the habit of stepping on my brake every time I get on as well, after driving many times with it on of course. We were using the FEL to lift bundles of shingles onto my roof last year. My buddy was running my tractor. I could tell by the sound that the brake was still on. I had to yell at him so he could hear me as I was on the roof, he was a little put off at first but once he realized what I was saying he felt terrible. He kept apologizing but he only drove 10-15ft or so, told him not to worry about it as I had done it several times. He steps on the brake every time he is on it now too. Live and learn...

I would also like a 4wd indicator as well. I have mowed a good portion of my yard in 4wd a couple times. I try to stay in the habit of disengaging it as soon as im done with it. Although, I read on here where some guys never take it out and don't have many issues either.