What a pain !

Blkvoodoo

Equipment
B2400, LA352, RC60, Cammond Box Blade
Mar 27, 2010
Zebulon NC
I repair equipment for a living, usually forklifts and other warehouse type equipment, but I do get random other things thrown at me from time to time.
8FF3925A-05A4-4C8A-BD57-C71283D41AF3.jpg
85427919-8A9E-47F6-82EA-AF6B6D95D5A6.jpg
John Deere 5220 w/loader
Pretty self explainitory what happened

Getting the CORRECT parts was the largest pain in the butt I’ve had in a long time.
Ordered spindle assy and bearings from Deere dealer in person using the supplied parts breakdown

Bearings would not fit on spindle. New or old bearings. New spindle had not been finish machined. Was told that the spindle was made large and there was an updated bearing set....bearings were still .012”too small to fit with out deforming or breaking inner race.
I understand it’s supposed to be a tight fit, not THAT tight.

Still an open case with Deere about the mismade spindle

aftermarket spindle was ordered, it was much better but still needed some massaging
Almost a month down time, trying to get the correct parts

So glad I bought orange....

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I have engines on my equipment supplied by Deere. Gets interesting trying to get the right parts or sensors some times. Depending on the company that built the unit, makes a big difference on where parts are supplied for it. Add into the mix a buy out and different owners for one or two of the manufacturer's and it gets down right frustrating.

So if the package was put together by my employers fab shop then it's one of Deere's engine assemblers here in the states. I love dealing with them. Very easy to get the correct parts, parts breakdowns are fantastic, and I have access to all of it on my phone through there app. Tech support guys know there stuff as well. Also they are 3 hours away from my location, so using standard shipping gets it to me by 10am the next morning. Local Deere dealers is usually 2 day at the earliest and never has anything I need in stock. I order all my Deere parts from them, since I get the parts at dealer cost instead of cost plus mark up. Plus it's still cheaper with shipping then what it costs through the local dealer.

If it's a unit from manufacturer B, then most engine parts are through Deere. The exception is some sensors that are supplied by manufacturer B as well as control panel and wiring harness. Manufacturer B got bought out and uses completely different vendors now. So getting the right stuff can be a challenge, and takes at least 3/4 of a day to get a hold of the one tech support guy they kept from the previous company. The other tech support and parts folks don't have a clue about the previous companies equipment. Talking to the others usually ends with you getting the wrong part.

Manufacturer C. Most engine parts are through Deere including ECM. You would think they would use Deere's wiring harness since the control panel takes the same Deere quick connect and ecm adapter. Nope, they don't have a clue about the harness or sensors (temp, speed control, coolant level). After a day and close to 20 emails back and forth, they finally got a clue. I have to call a different Deere engine assembler who doesn't have any of these parts in stock. They have to call their vendor to get the sensors, and a wiring harness has to be built. So 2 weeks at the earliest to get a single sensor, 3 weeks on a wiring harness. Takes about a day for them to look up the engine and get back to you as well.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Deere is as bad as Chinese equipment now. That's horrible.

My neighbor with the bad transfer case told me his mechanic went home on vacation to Tacoma and that is where the parts place for this Chinese tractor is. The mechanic is going to inspect and then transport the part home and install it on the machine. Hope they have one for him!

When you need a part that renders your machine inoperative, YOU NEED YOUR PART!

Sad to see Green go so far south. Newer Mahindra has to be better than that.