Well the project halfway, and things are looking good.

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
Hi again everyone,
Thought I would update things and put up some pics of my B7100 project now that’s its halfway through its renovation.

Just to back track a bit, I purchased this B7100 back in late November last year for a pretty reasonable price ( £1400) if my memory serves me correctly) as it needed what was described as “ a small amount of work” but otherwise sound, that was as far from the truth as you could possibly get.

Anyway after totally stripping it down , replacing heaps of parts ( some small ,some more serious ,but all through lack of maintaince) etc stripping back/cutting out rusted sections etc repainting etc, rewiring plus heaps more etc I have reached midway, it had racked up just under 5000 hours and the the original hour meter is fitted and still working.
It runs really well now and I am very pleased with it.
I have added a second spool which I mounted on the right fender for ease of use etc, plus it doesn’t get in the way their either, it will be controlling the hydraulic top link adjuster( I am fitting it this week).

I also plumbed in a 3 way diverter (seen on the left fender on the inside edge) to supply onboard double acting acting power for my logsplitter or anything else via Q/R cons, it also enables me to still have full control over the 3pt hitch (raising/lowering), also still retaining my aux power output for a tipping trailer.

I also replaced the original rearwheel/tyre setup (which had major wear probs with the hubs etc) and fitted the better hubs from the B1550/1750 etc versions along with wider rims and the wider turf tyres ( i had them on my B6000 ) i think it is a much better setup for the 7100.

I still have a bit to do, new light inners etc, new rear lights fitted onto the ROPS frame, new horn and some other bits, a FEL also which I may use my current loader from my b6000 which will fit nicely, but I will need to make a new subframe for it to fit the 7100, I already have the KB180 backhoe which is designed for the B7100, but fits both also.
I decided to use some flexi pipe connections but the majority is hard piped which I aquired from my local outlet along with fittings, I did the pipe bending myself( just to keep the cost down a bit).

Since the pics of the logsplitter I have decided to power the unit with its own PTO gearbox /pump with a standalone hyd oil reservoir etc , completed it today and it”awesome”, the splitter worked fine of the tractor hydraulics but the improvement now is massive.

Anyway,pic below, see what you think at halfway point.

And now I have been out and bought another one, it’s a B7100 HST –D with 800 hours on it, but to look at it you would not think so (maybe 8000) anyway it has got history to prove the hours to a point , and it was cheap so not much to loose really.
Pic also below.

rob

Attachments

Last edited:

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
a few more pics, last one is the latest purchase.
I forgot to say, the Rops bar was fitted to the HST that i bought 2 weeks ago, i really wanted one , and this is a good one that fits right without exessive bits eveywhere, so it had to come off, repainted etc,added some lugs for my Q/R plugs etc and then onto the B7100DP, job done.

rob

Attachments

Last edited:

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
It sound's like you got an orange infection... :D

Your log splitter looks very good. Can you please tell es more about the dimensions of it and the pump?
Maybe you can make a video how you use it and split some logs.

Have fun.

der carl

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
thanks for the reply carl, i will post up the spec tommorow for you.
I did have another totally mad idea yesterday also, i was thinking about being able to mount the splitter on the front of the7100 and hooking it upto the front PTO , that way i can have my tipping trailer hooked up on the rear still and be able to fillit with split logs as they are being split on the front, i then saw you post on the front 3pt hitch you fabricated , it has inspired to do a similar setup.

do you have any specs etc for your setup.

PS, nice work on that front 3pt hitch you made...

rob

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
...do you have any specs etc for your setup....

rob
:D No! Everything was just dropping out of my mind...

What I did in advance was to check the oilflow and the desired size of the power I want to have for lifting and pushing down. Then I came to that setup. It could be done by smaller cylinders, but then the movement would be to fast, and I do not want to much stress to the structure be moving bigger masses. So it's now stronger but not to fast.
But I haven't found an info regarding the weight the front axle can carry. It would be stupid by braking your axel because you move to heavy masses.
Most FEL will be able to lift the back of the tractor be trying to lift a heavy load. This will be ~1.5m in front of the axle. Regarding the weight of the tractor that should be the maximum load. If the FEL is shorter, then the lifting capacity should be less, eg 75cm -> capacity half weight of tractor.
Or shometing like that...

Ask me if you want to know what and why I did it that way...

der carl

Stumpy

Equipment
L175
Dec 1, 2011
NE Ohio
Ok that's cool. That's everything I aspire to do with my tractor and will likely not live up to. Hardly have enough property to justify the tractor itself let alone a ton of attachments for it. :rolleyes: That back hoe sure would be fun though :D Excellent work!