Weight and hydraulics

Mak65

Equipment
L2501 HST
Apr 25, 2019
TX
I run a L2501 HST w/ LA525 FEL. I have a ballast box that is ~1000#s and the quick hitch adds about another 70#s to the lower link arms. If I read the manual correctly the max weight for the arms is 1985#s. The loader supposedly is

My question - if I put ~800#s on the FEL (forks and load) is the tractor and hydraulic pump designed to handle that much? I see charts showing load limits for one end or the other but I have never seen a “max overall” load limit For the system.

Thanks in advance.

Kubota Newbie

Equipment
M4500, New Idea Cut-Ditioner, JD 14T Baler, IH "Plow Chief" plows, Oliver Rake
Dec 28, 2010
Mount Vernon, Ohio
I could be wrong but I believe the load rating is based on the structural load capacity of the tractor components and frame, not the hydraulic pump. The maximum pump pressure is what it is. Lifting load is a result of the length of the lever arms and cylinder diameter.

Reactions: 1 user

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Never seen an “overall max weight capacity” of “overall max cargo capacity” on any tractor ever, although it’s possible in theory. If you add the loader capacity to the 3 point capacity that would give you an aggregate capacity. So far as possibly putting so much weight on the front and rear combined that it blows out something in the hydraulics, if the tractor lifted it, it isn’t going to damage the hydraulics.

Edit: …and if the tractor won’t lift it, it will activate the bypass valve and just won’t lift, but still won’t damage the hydraulics.