Water to add ballast to rear wheels

Stu

Equipment
L2201
Dec 9, 2015
England
Could someone help explain to me how I would go about adding water to my wheels to give the machine extra weight/stubbility ? How do I measure the amount of water I put in each wheel in order to be sure both wheels weigh the same?
Can I ballast the front wheels? If so I assume I would go about adding the water in the same way as I do the rear wheels. Would this be correct?
Looking forward to your replies.
Thanks Stu.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Could someone help explain to me how I would go about adding water to my wheels to give the machine extra weight/stubbility ? How do I measure the amount of water I put in each wheel in order to be sure both wheels weigh the same?
Can I ballast the front wheels? If so I assume I would go about adding the water in the same way as I do the rear wheels. Would this be correct?
Looking forward to your replies.
Thanks Stu.
Stu,

this topic has been talked about many times - best advice is to do a search on the ol' "youtube" and find the solution that works for you. Some use a pump, some use gravity, some flatted the tire and then raise the machine to pull the fluid in.....lots of ways to do it.

As for water, I take it that you do not get into a freezing situation over there in England? If freezing is going to be a problem, by all means get an alcohol based solution or radiator solution (not ethylene glycol) or better yet beet juice.......some are cheap some are $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

as for measuring the amount - ONLY fill about 75% full, no more. You will be able to do the math per bucket and per tire volume. Yours will take about 12 gallons per tire.

And no to the front end! :) Places pressure on steering parts.

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Somewhere I did see some photos, that a gentleman had put blue water as we call it in the states, windshield washer fluid that does not freeze in his tires. I came across these photos, because he posted something as a reply and added some photos, this led me to his photo site where I Peru's to a bunch of his photos and that's where I saw it. it was a recent post so I'm sure he's out there looking at new posts, And they respond as will others.