Water in the hydraulics

gktilton

Equipment
79 B7100 w/ FEL, Deere 261 Finish Mwr, Woods M4 Bush Hg, Potato Plow, Cultivator
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
I've done 2 changes and will happily do more. The fluid still doesn't look right. It's a B7100 gear drive with loader running off tractor hydraulics.

Is there a procedure that I should follow to get it flushed well or just keep changing it every 8 hours or so?

I have seen a few posts on here that suggest things like 50/50 Diesel/hydraulic fluid for an hour, and another that suggested Kerosene.

I am hesitant to put anything through the transmission and hydraulic pump other than those substances that are made for it. I am concerned that the fluid keeps getting that milky look.

Vic, what is your prescription for Milky fluid in a 7100?

Thanks

gktilton

Equipment
79 B7100 w/ FEL, Deere 261 Finish Mwr, Woods M4 Bush Hg, Potato Plow, Cultivator
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
You should try this trick. Water in the hydraulics is a pain!

Hey Vic, that post might be worth a sticky, or something to see in a "tips/tricks" sticky.
I looked at that one, but couldn't see how to make it work with the steel lines on my B7100. Maybe there is another way to plumb this solution for the 7100.

gktilton

Equipment
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
Finally decided to stop being stupid and looked at my WSM for my B7100. Reason my fluid wasn't clearing up was because I was draining from the bottom of the transmission. When I drained from the bottom of the Axle cases, like it says too, I got another gallon of fluid including all the water that was sitting at the bottom of them. I am thinking the milkly fluid syndrome is solved for me.

It wasn't causing me any noticable issues, but it just seamed wrong to leave that white stuff in the old girl.