Warranty or ktac

cwv310

Equipment
Bx2380
Mar 29, 2024
Wv
Going to be purchasing a bx2380 cash. What would be better to get the bumper to bumper warranty or ktac? Didn't know the difference. Dealer priced the warranty at $1650 for 6 years.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Warranty covers mechanical failures.
KTAC covers operator failures.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
If they are still offering 0% financing, I would take the financing and pay the KTAC insurance. I doubt that I would take the extended warranty since it will only cover mechanical failures of the tractor, however, KTAC will cover anything that happens to the tractor as a result of an accident. Below is a picture of a tractor after a rollover. I have no idea how it happened, but it can happen to anyone. I know no one would want to suffer financial loss like this. KTAC would pay for it should it happen to you. Figure what the cost of KTAC insurance versus the warranty cost, and decide which is a better deal.

RolloverB.jpg
rolloverA.jpg
this is a

Reactions: 1 user

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
As stated above, KTAC and "warranty" are not the same thing.

Very similar to a your car insurance through State Farm Vs. Chryslers 3/36 vehicle warranty. They both cover your vehicle, but for different circumstances.

I took the 0% for 84 months and have KTAC for the entire 84 months, however I am no longer covered under Kubota warranty. (which I believe was 2 years?)

So if my water pump sh!ts out, I have to pay to fix it myself, but if I roll it down a hill KTAC will buy me a shiny new one......:unsure::unsure::unsure:

At the time that made sense, I have no idea what the offer/cash rebate is nowadays though.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
There is no such thing as 0% interest on new stuff financing.

There is only hidden-interest in the purchase-price….which, if dealt craftily… can result in a discounted purchase price.

However, that same crafty-buyer might find a better use for his cash than to chunk it down on a tractor….. especially if the story sells better at home. ;)

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
0% interest IS true at Kubota Canada,and elsewhere.

First you get the best purchase price THEN decide on HOW you want to pay.

If the first word out of thesales guy is 'how ARE YOU GOING TO PAY ?' then Houston, YOU have a problem.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
0% interest IS true at Kubota Canada,and elsewhere.

First you get the best purchase price THEN decide on HOW you want to pay.

If the first word out of thesales guy is 'how ARE YOU GOING TO PAY ?' then Houston, YOU have a problem.
I STRONGLY suspect that the sales person will FIRST maneuver you to answer the: "how are you going to pay" question!