Wanted - Tire Chains

andmel

Equipment
L2850 / L3901 LB / G1800
Dec 17, 2014
concord, VA, USA
I'm looking to buy a set of tire chains for my L2850 in the near future. Tire size is 13.6 - 24. I have ag tread so based on what I'm reading online, looks like I need to steer away from standard 'ladder' style chains. Aquiline MPCs or RUD Duo ladder looks to be the best options to keep the chains riding on top of the tread cleats. Since I'll likely be plowing snow off of gravel and pavement, the Aquiline is first choice so far unless someone knows of another viable option. Just looking to glean from others' experience or maybe interested if someone has a used set for sale.

Grumpyjoe

Dec 21, 2016
Miller
I used to sell chains in California. Tractor chains became a user preference more than what works best universally. My vendor would make custom cuts so I could upgrade to 8mm alloy chains 2 link or 4 link even adding cross ladders making them an H pattern. Once you find your preference many times I found Amazon was hard to beat on pricing especially with amazon prime free shipping.

My preference was a two link chain. This means on the side chain every two links there is a cross chain. I always used 8mm on smaller tractors and 10-12 mm on larger tractors. The alloys are more expensive but on a skid steer or a smaller tractor slipping and pushing the standard chains wear out in 25-30% vs alloy. I could get 3 seasons out of an alloy chain plowing 7 days a week 3 months out of the year.

I have not asked yet if they will ship out here but the guy was real good about selling. If you call and tell him Grumpy Joe is in Missouri recommending him he will do his best to work with you. Custom or stock I could not beat his service.

Chains Required
825 Riverside Ave. #10 Paso Robles, CA 93446
(8zero5) two37-0three00
(8zero0) three27-3eight06

Last edited by a moderator:

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Check out these chains. I have bought from them and they have good products. Some tire chains are made with poor quality chain and don't hold up well. The ones I have bought from them are good chains.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Thanks oldeenglish for posting the link as you can see I forgot to.