Using 3pt carry all as a pallet fork

tcrote5516

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, 50" Front Blower, Heated Cab, 6' blade, 3pt carry all, 3pt hitch
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire
Just a quick question, has anyone ever tried to use the typical Countyline carry all as a pallet fork? I wanted to use it a while back when I had 12 pallets of patio pavers delivered but found that the pallets they shipped those on to be not as high as the standard pallets. The legs of the carry all wouldn't fit between the opening. I know for a fact that these pallets only had a 3" high opening which is shorter than most that I've seen.

Tomorrow my annual 4th of July fireworks delivery is coming in (600lbs worth of BANG :). I HOPE it's sitting on a standard size pallet. Even so, I wanted to know if any of you have successfully been able to slide a carry all in and use it as a fork since I haven't had the opportunity to test that theory.

I figure worst case scenario I'll have the driver place the load on top of my carry all arms using his hand truck but it would be much easier if I can just slide into it and scoop it up like a forklift.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
They make those arms for the loader. I would expect you would not be happy with forks on the three point due to its limited lift range.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
They make those arms for the loader. I would expect you would not be happy with forks on the three point due to its limited lift range.
In contrast, you'll be dissapointed with clamp on forks sticking out so far from your bucket. If you dont have actual pallet forks, using the 3pt will get you the most lift, but as said, obvious height limitations.

tcrote5516

Equipment
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire
I never wanted pallet forks for my loader because of the limited lift capacity. Clamp on's would only give me 400lbs at the bucket edge and much less as you got further down the forks making it almost useless once you add on the weight of the forks themselves.

The three point gives me 1,000lbs and still has 670lbs 24" out from the arms which is respectable for my little tractor. I requested a lift gate so height isn't an issue. I just need to be able to move the pallets around so the 3pt will get the job done so long as the legs arn't too tall to fit between the pallet opening.

So no one has tried this?

alansz400

Equipment
B7500. FEL, Piranha tooth bar, box scraper, post hole digger, 3 pt. bucket
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
I use mine all the time as pallet forks on the front and rear. Loaded a skid last night into the dump trailer that was to almost to heavy for the FEL. seems like the higher it goes the less it will lift. I do wish they were a little longer and like you said they don't work with all skids. I have 2 sets and use one set on the rear with a pallet loaded with scrap iron for a counter weight. Sold my clamp on forks. The B7500 bucket just doesn't heavy duty enough to lift much on the forks. Great for light bulky items.

Ramos

Equipment
1870-1, LA203A, RCK54
Feb 25, 2016
Sherman County, Oregon
Go to town and find a pallet that will work on your carry-all. If the delivery truck has a lift gate, you can slide the pallet your fireworks are on right on top of your useable pallet.

tcrote5516

Equipment
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire
Thanks guys. It worked like it was made to do it. I was able to back right up to the truck, slide in and off I went with my pallet of FUN! Now the work begins getting it all on my boards and mortar racks.