Use power rake on loader

AllDodge

Equipment
M9540 RTV1100
Jan 19, 2019
South Central, ky
Finding specs on power rake at about 15 GPM, and my M9540 at 16.9 GPM. Looking at renting a skid steer rake at using it on the loader. Have a 3rd function lines on the loader. Have two friends with CTL (75hp and 120hp) so can borrow their equipment but if I can do it with my tractor, that is how I would go. Anyone use one on the loader?

Have about 3 acres that need to be smoothed out around the house

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Finding specs on power rake at about 15 GPM, and my M9540 at 16.9 GPM. Looking at renting a skid steer rake at using it on the loader. Have a 3rd function lines on the loader. Have two friends with CTL (75hp and 120hp) so can borrow their equipment but if I can do it with my tractor, that is how I would go. Anyone use one on the loader?

Have about 3 acres that need to be smoothed out around the house
I have not used a power rake on a loader but have used a pto version on the back of a tractor. If the only model you can rent is a front skid steer version I would borrow a track loader to run it for several reasons, main one being to be able to see what you are doing. Tractor loader work suffers from not always being able to see things well. I prefer to use my track loader to level ground with a front skeleton rock bucket as it is more stable and rides leveler than the tractor, I appreciate that a front power rake has leveling guide wheels to help.

last reason I have is that it does not seem that most tractors are designed to run continuous hydraulic flow very well, track loaders are and have large hydraulic tank capacity. I don’t have any knowledge of large tractors such as the one you use, yours may be more suited for continuous hydraulic flow.

Good luck with your task.

AllDodge

Equipment
M9540 RTV1100
Jan 19, 2019
South Central, ky
Thanks
I get hung up borrowing things even though my friends have borrowed from me more then once. Might just be easier.

I can rent a 3pt pulverizer but have read its not to good on grass areas, only dirt. Unable to rent a 3pt power rake

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Thanks
I get hung up borrowing things even though my friends have borrowed from me more then once. Might just be easier.

I can rent a 3pt pulverizer but have read its not to good on grass areas, only dirt. Unable to rent a 3pt power rake
I borrowed the rear pto power rake that I used, the last couple of times I leveled some ground that was freshly cleared of small trees and bush I used a rototiller and had a buddy on a smaller tractor running over the tilled ground with a large chain harrow, it worked out great.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
While your M9540 might have enough flow on the pump, but it doesn't have enough cooling capacity to run a heavy motor load for any length of time.
You'll very likely to do some damage to your tractor.
Tractors, no matter how large, do not run loader power equipment very well.

Reactions: 1 user